Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint Sprayer

Options
  • 04-06-2008 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi

Looking at repainting the house (Small cottage) this weekend. Have a pebble dashed side wall. Anyone know

1) Where you can get a paint sprayer hired out?

2) Are they easy to use?

or Option B

3) The name of a reliable painter near Fairview in Dublin?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

1) yellow pages is a good start. Plenty of places up my way hire airless sprayers, but I've never hired one in Dublin. The like of Sam Hire or places like that would probably do them...

2) Well yes and no. If you can use an aersol, chances are you can use a sprayer. It's knowing the ins and outs (literally) of the machine, pressures for paint type and most importantly, properly cleaning the machine afterwards that are the "hard" parts.
    Spraying outside is such a gamble that I'd be very hesitant to try it as a novice. Wind carries atomised paint an awful long way, and usually deposists it on expensive things like cars and other people's houses. If you must do this, you want an almost still day, with no threat or rain (it takes a good while for sprayed on masonry paint to dry, especially on heavy dash) .On the surface you're coating, you need to have all surrounds like facias/soffits, windows, roof slates, gutter etc properly masked off or else be intent on painting them as well. You also need to protect your groundwork, paths, patio whatever.

Can't help you with 3 I'm afraid.

Advertisement