Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fixed temperature thermostat

Options
  • 04-06-2008 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

My ageing calorifier has three immersion heaters. One has a regular stick-type thermostat, which is adjustable. The other two have fixed temperature stats which seem to be set at 82deg C; not adjustable. So the water is always much too hot. There is no facility in these two immersion groups to insert a stick-type thermostat.

I chased down the supplier: Otter, Buxton UK. I gave them all the details, but they took the soft option: 'no llonger available & and no current equivalent model available'.

The easiest fix would seem to be to locate replacement thermostats which are either adjustable, or fixed to shut off at a lower temperature. They would have to be small enough to fit into the top casing of an immersion group: about half the size of a pack of cigs.

Has anyone out there got any ideas on this?

Maddeb

Advertisement