Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Towel Shave

Options
  • 04-06-2008 3:48pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want to get one done before the weekend. I am wondering has anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks

Keano

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I love getting it done. There are a few places in town that I would recomend over others.

Retro on Denmark Street is really good, ask for the owner to do it, he is top notch.

Pat Stapleton On O'Connell Street across from Empire Music is very good at it too, expect no frills or fancy waiting rooms, just a damn good shave and really cheap, and depending on his humour you may get a few tales also. Plus he can do it with a old style cut throat blade or a regular blade.

One whose name escapes me but I tried him last month by accident is the barber to the right of the Shell station in Thomondgate. I was carrying a face full of heavy stubble and pulled in there on a whim. Really nice guy and a damn good shave. Shame he is an Arsenal fan. :D

I have gotten hot towel and shaves in about five other barbers in Limerick over the years, but those three stood out for me, in terms of quality. Too many just give a rushed shave and take no effort in what they do.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Would I need to book an appointment for Pat Stapelton?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I never booked with him, just strolled in off the street like a stubbly waif, before emerging as a slick stubble free zone.

Just head up the stairs and go to the waiting room, and wait for him to call you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

How long were you stubble free???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Kess73 wrote: »
    One whose name escapes me but I tried him last month by accident is the barber to the right of the Shell station in Thomondgate. I was carrying a face full of heavy stubble and pulled in there on a whim. Really nice guy and a damn good shave. Shame he is an Arsenal fan. :D

That might have been Pat, he ownes the place, I got a shave off him before (it was his first time doing it!) not a bad job for a first timer. How much does Pat Stapleton charge for a shave?

• Advertisement
Advertisement