Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eCommerce required for new site(s)

Options
  • 04-06-2008 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Dunno if a nixer help post is allowed here...?!

I'm developing a site for a client, but I've very limited eCommerce experience. I'd ideally like to have someone who knows this end of the industry to help me build the site from scratch.

9 categories of products - 150+ products in total.

Ideally, I'd like to use the Cartweaver Extension Suite for Dreamweaver - this way, the site can be built and then I can manipulate items going foward in an application I'm familiar with. But I'm open to suggestions!

I'm living in Clonee, so anyone in the general area would be great.

There are possibly two further sites for this client selling different items. So more work down the road!

Price / availablity / location - PM me!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

If you like a challenge and are very efficient in html and CSS and will be able shore up any security issues Cartweaver would be for you. But I'd go for a tried and tested solution that you can customised to you liking.

There's some excellent open source products out there and some great paid services out there for a shopping cart than can be easily installed and customised and with a little bit of learning you would creating your shop with categories and products within minutes.

(Only my opinion, but to save a lot of time and heartache that’s the road I’d go)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Namesco wrote: »
    If you like a challenge and are very efficient in html and CSS and will be able shore up any security issues Cartweaver would be for you. But I'd go for a tried and tested solution that you can customised to you liking.

There's some excellent open source products out there and some great paid services out there for a shopping cart than can be easily installed and customised and with a little bit of learning you would creating your shop with categories and products within minutes.

(Only my opinion, but to save a lot of time and heartache that’s the road I’d go)

Thanks Namesco, some good advice...

But time is against me - the client is looking for the site up and running in a month.

I need a nixer done!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Namesco wrote: »
    I used osCommerce for Wheelworx. I added a load of enhancements, some I wrote, some from the massive library of add-ons.

Using osCMax might be easier as it includes a bunch of add-ons and a template system. You can try it out.
    While osCommerce is a mess of tables for layout but you could buy a template as a start or osCMax might be easier to customize.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

ya OsCommerce is pretty good.. might take more than a month though.. has the client got their payment method set up? if not i would advise to get the ball moving on that..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Stab*City wrote: »
    ya OsCommerce is pretty good.. might take more than a month though.. has the client got their payment method set up? if not i would advise to get the ball moving on that..

Thanks - will keep that in mind...

• Advertisement
Advertisement