Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polling cards for referendum

Options
  • 04-06-2008 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone here who's living in the city council area received their polling cards for the referendum next week? Are they even needed any more or can you just turn up at the station and vote?
    I checked I was on the register, I just thought I'd have got a polling card by now... :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

All the polling cards arrived here last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

We got ours out in the county yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

vote yes for a better deal on polling cards

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

DRakE wrote: »
    vote yes for a better deal on polling cards

It was in the post when I came home this evening.

And I'm voting no... just because I can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 sandybee

Yeah, got mine and Im in Knocknacarra. Have to go to some small school near Pearse Satium. Id check it out if I were you, that's if you can be arsed to vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

I got mine. As I never got my finger out and told anyone I had moved both address and county two things instantly sprung to mind (a) How did they know I'd moved? (b) How did they get my new address?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Big brother knows everything..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I have no idea if mine came.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I have a spare polling card for a different polling station if anyone feels disenfranchised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Mine still hasnt arrived yet. Doubt it will at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

I have two! You can have one of mine if you fancy voting up in Dublin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Im up in dublin anyways. Went into the council and collected it by hand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Never got my polling card checked the site and I'm not listed at my home house. I have moved but still have all my mail going to my home house. I didn't even sign anything when I moved, it's all cash in hand. I'll have to check if it came to my new address. I don't even have an address here it goes into a shop.

There are to of me listed on the street where I live now but I can't be sure I'm either of them. I don't see how they could know I moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

never got my polling card either. what site do you check. i did get the info leaflet on the amendments to the constitution though so i am obviously on a list somewhere. if i just bring along a passport will i be allowed to vote without the polling card????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Polling cards aint necessary, as long as you are on the register and you bring some ID then you can vote :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

In my polling stataion this morning, there was roughly a 100 copies of the Irsh Independent just inside the entrance of the school. They were free copies to take away.
    The headline reads "Vote on a knife-edge"

Does this constitute political literature in the polling station?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

snubbleste wrote: »
    In my polling stataion this morning, there was roughly a 100 copies of the Irsh Independent just inside the entrance of the school. They were free copies to take away.
    The headline reads "Vote on a knife-edge"

Does this constitute political literature in the polling station?

I'd normally be suspicious of the Indo but their front-page story on the treaty doesn't seem to have an agenda one way or another: http://www.independent.ie/national-news/lisbon-treaty/on-a-knifeedge-1406187.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I'm just unhappy as the Irish Times would be a better freebie :D

Advertisement