Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RDF part time army full time ****ing on about it

• 04-06-2008 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I think this forum should be renamed RDF forum because thats what seems to be the only real discussion on this forum.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Well the forum is made up of mainly RDF. There is some PDF and ARW though even if it is minority

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

eirek wrote: »
    I think this forum should be renamed RDF forum because thats what seems to be the only real discussion on this forum.

Not many PDF people contribute to the discussion. I'd imagine its because they don't want to discuss their day job. So what do you expect? You haven't contributed much yourself though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Most of the RDF lads posting here are relatively new to the organisation and are looking for help, hints & tips - as they only do a few hour's a week in Bks a forum like this is a valuable asset to them.

Regards PDF and discussion.

We're very restricted on what we can talk about, so I try to limit what I've to post to giving help to lads hoping to join, guiding them through some admin and medical issue's, plus I deal with a lot of other quiries through PM's - and I hope in some help to be helping the lads out here.

Oh, welcome to the forum.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

There is a dedicated irish military forum elsewhere if you want something more, pm me for details, personally speaking I think that the previous poster hit the nail on the head. Im RDF and for 4 years now, but I like this forum, it raises some interesting debates and unlike the other forum it is more widely known amongst civvies and gives them a platform to voice opinions and query what exactly we do. Anything that promotes awareness of the Irish military amongst Irish citizens is good in my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

it raises some interesting debates and unlike the other forum it is more widely known amongst civvies and gives them a platform to voice opinions and query what exactly we do.
    exactly, im one of them civvies and I love reading this forum,;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 eirek

i jus posted this thread to see the reaction it would get, i was in the rdf for a while some of the lads got very defensive when someone would make that very comment.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I'm not RDF, I like to think I'm a pretty regular contributor...

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

I like it mairt, I like it. well put.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

i jus posted this thread to see the reaction it would get

Is that not trolling though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

I'm not RDF, I like to think I'm a pretty regular contributor...

NTM

You're not PDF either, and you were RDF once...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭MacBuster

Conor108 wrote: »
    Well the forum is made up of mainly RDF. There is some PDF and ARW though even if it is minority

Someone in the ARW would'nt be posting here as they actually have to do a job and they are professionals bound by Military Law and other Acts which prohibit them talking about their job, hence there are no current or former members of the ARW posting here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Gosh, it must be great to be so sure of things :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

MacBuster wrote: »
    Someone in the ARW would'nt be posting here as they actually have to do a job and they are professionals bound by Military Law and other Acts which prohibit them talking about their job, hence there are no current or former members of the ARW posting here.

Oh I know, I meant discussion about the ARW.

Yea, and the rest of us are sitting around scratching our collective bollox, not governed by rules and regs.

:rolleyes:

Mairt wrote: »
    Yea, and the rest of us are sitting around scratching our collective bollox, not governed by rules and regs.

:rolleyes:

Most of us Mairt, I am in the same barracks as you and the majority of them seem to have an aversion to graft

Most of us Mairt, I am in the same barracks as you and the majority of them seem to have an aversion to graft

Why what Bks am I in?.

The Brugha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭Irish_Army01

I hear Black helicopters!1:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Nam_Man

Not a bad place this ...

Interesting reading ... Being auld school fca (15yrs+)

Still young enuff to return ... But do i want too ...

Nam_Man wrote: »
    But do i want too ...

Thats a question for you and you alone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement