Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT - Packet loss outside of Ireland

Options
  • 04-06-2008 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Has anyone on BT been experiencing packet loss to pretty much anywhere outside of ireland lately?

Not getting any to boards, my server in Parkwest, friends on eircom/imagine or any other irish sites that I've checked. Am however finding any english game servers unplayable, VOIP outside of Ireland unusable and youtube pretty slow. I've confirmed with pings that I have a few % packet loss to my server in amsterdam and similar packet loss to anywhere else I've checked.

Surely someone else must be experiencing this?

I ditched BT for NTL 2 years ago for this very problem. Then NTL went down the crapper, heard BT had fixed their act so went back to them. Now BT are a load of rubbish again... Are there any ISPs in Ireland that are both competent and not a rip off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Yip. I play on several UK servers but also a few Irish ones. The english one's all got hit with PL over the last couple of weeks, but now the Irish ones too. Also having download speed problems too. From other threads here you can prob see that a lot of people are having issues.

I hope its just temporary due to the impending upgrades as I never had download speeds dropping off or any PL issues to any of the servers that are all now gettin 4-10pl constant :(

Advertisement