Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac

Options
  • 04-06-2008 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello everyone!!

I just thought to take the chance to study again. I´m from Spain and has been 17 years since the last time I open a book. I guess that this question might been answered before, but could anybody ell me if it is worth it to take one of the Fetac courses? Yesterday I went to the main office and sounded pretty good to me (in fact to good to be true!), so, there is someone who can give an advice to this old chap who´s got the eager to learn again.
    Thanks very much for your time.

Kind regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ola naranjito!

FETAC (Further Education Training & Awards Council) is the national body which accredits further education & training awards ... it is backed by the government; operates under the National Qualifications Authority of Ireland framework; has cross-recognition with equivalent national bodies in other European states; etc. ... so yes, their awards are totally legitimate.

Website

They don't however deliver courses themselves ... they are responsible for overseeing quality and assessment, and accrediting the courses. Many agencies offer courses under their umbrella, including FÁS, Teagasc, the various VECs, etc., as well as private providers.

Did you really pop into East Point Plaza for a chat? ... I doubt if many people do that! :D

One of the main providers of FETAC courses are the VECs (Vocational Education Committees) and these will often cost less, as they are state-backed ... depending on your circumstances, you may not have to pay at all, in fact!

The VECs also provide Adult Guidance Services, and they should be able to advise you re: what's available locally, what might suit your needs, what level course you might look at given your previous level of training and education, etc.

¡Buena suerte!

Advertisement