Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wired v Wireless house alarm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Went with wired meself....mainly because I didn't want the threat of any interference in any of my electrical appliances and it's harder to crack imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Sid71

Anybody know what's the best spec for a wireless alarm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 khye

Sorry to admins if this is inappropriate plugging..

But........we have a wireless alarm here on Eirsec, it also comes with a miniture camera which is a bit rare for wireless alarms in general.

http://www.eirsec.ie/product_info.php?cPath=80&products_id=145

Wireless alarms seem to be getting very popular lately, 4 Homes seem to be selling a lot of them as well.

The fact that you can set it all up yourself is a bit of a bonus I suppose, With the wired alarms it takes a bit of thought to make sure the cables are tucked away and safe from harm.

The other benefit of wireless is that you can quickly move the positioning without having the hassle of re-routing the cables.

I have had the same conversation with many installers over the past few months but at the end of the day it comes down to personal choice and the actual location that the unit is being placed in.

Most new houses are pre-wired so you see quite a lot of wired systems being installed since half the work is done already. But with older houses we find that the wireless alarms are in greter demand..

I hope this is of some help to you.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Sid71

But........we have a wireless alarm here on Eirsec, it also comes with a miniture camera which is a bit rare for wireless alarms in general.

http://www.eirsec.ie/product_info.ph...roducts_id=145
    Just looking at the Transmitting frequency it is 315MHz or 433 MHz .
    Looking on the web it seems the latest frequency is 868 Mhz
    has anybody any comments on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Sid71 wrote: »
    Just looking at the Transmitting frequency it is 315MHz or 433 MHz .
    Looking on the web it seems the latest frequency is 868 Mhz
    has anybody any comments on this?

Sorry for dragging up a 3 year old thread but I'm fairly sure anything transmitting on 315mhz would be illegal! :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement