Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BoI branch in Dublin - Recommendations?

• 04-06-2008 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Could anyone recommend a BoI branch in Dublin with decent customer service? Based on personal experience?
    (Just for regular, day-to-day banking, personal current account.)
    Thanks!
    progress.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

VanHeusen wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend a BoI branch in Dublin with decent customer service? Based on personal experience?
    (Just for regular, day-to-day banking, personal current account.)
    Thanks!
    progress.gif

Any branch that im not in i tend to have a lot of off days ha ah only messing

Well help us narrow your search north, west or south dublin any particular area that you live or work near no point in your branch being in tallaght when you live or work in sutton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 VanHeusen

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Any branch that im not in i tend to have a lot of off days ha ah only messing

Well help us narrow your search north, west or south dublin any particular area that you live or work near no point in your branch being in tallaght when you live or work in sutton.

Yes, of course. Sorry. It doesn't really mater as long as the branch is easily accessible from the airport or if it's somewhere downtown. I do not live in Ireland, I live in the US. I just travel a lot on business and it seems I'm in Dublin at least twice a month recently.
    The reason why I picked BoI is that they have a branch at the airport and that would allow 24/7 access to the account (both deposits and withdrawals). Unfortunately, this branch wouldn't open an account for someone who doesn't work at the airport - at least that's what I've been told when I called them.
    Anything in central Dublin that you could recommend? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Yes, of course. Sorry. It doesn't really mater as long as the branch is easily accessible from the airport or if it's somewhere downtown. I do not live in Ireland, I live in the US. I just travel a lot on business and it seems I'm in Dublin at least twice a month recently.
    The reason why I picked BoI is that they have a branch at the airport and that would allow 24/7 access to the account (both deposits and withdrawals). Unfortunately, this branch wouldn't open an account for someone who doesn't work at the airport - at least that's what I've been told when I called them.
    Anything in central Dublin that you could recommend? Thanks!

As a BOI employee, I find that hard to fatham but anyhow. In that case Swords or Glasnevin are the closest branches to the airport. I'm sure they would be happy to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 VanHeusen

Thanks, but I'm not quite sure about that being happy to help part. So far I have called four branches in Dublin: 2 College Green, 6 Lwr O'Connell St, Dublin Airport (twice) and Malahide. And I still don't know what exactly I need to open an account.
    College Green would like to see ID, some bills and a letter from my bank in the US,
    O'Connell St "will call me back" (has been 3 days so far),
    Dublin Airport want ID, some bills and a letter from my employer... but wait... actually we cannot open an account for you,
    Malahide - nobody answered the phone.

Therefore:
    Could anyone recommend a BoI branch in (central) Dublin with decent customer service? (Based on personal experience.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

TBH you're going to find it difficult - it's not something they'll deal with everyday.

The rules about bank account opening are pretty strict, and the fact you aren't actually a resident is going to complicate things quite a bit unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Thanks, but I'm not quite sure about that being happy to help part. So far I have called four branches in Dublin: 2 College Green, 6 Lwr O'Connell St, Dublin Airport (twice) and Malahide. And I still don't know what exactly I need to open an account.
    College Green would like to see ID, some bills and a letter from my bank in the US,
    O'Connell St "will call me back" (has been 3 days so far),
    Dublin Airport want ID, some bills and a letter from my employer... but wait... actually we cannot open an account for you,
    Malahide - nobody answered the phone.

Therefore:
    Could anyone recommend a BoI branch in (central) Dublin with decent customer service? (Based on personal experience.)

I know you need to provide your passport and 2 proof of address (the best being a utility bill, offical government letter (USA) or a bank / financial statement). Anything else is open to interpretation and may not be accepted. To be fair they also may want to find out the nature of your business here. So yes they would be entitled to make suitable enquiries which might include asking for a reference from your bank and / or a letter from your employer (if applicable). This could differ from branch to branch and from bank offical to bank offical. To be fair the bank does not know you from adam. You could be up to anything as far as they know. They have to be very careful as to who they open accounts for. At the end of the day if the person who opens the account is happy then so be it. If it turn out that you were up to something illegal then said offical would have a bit of explaining to do and if it was found that he/she didn't make suitable enquiries well then they would be in a lot of trouble.

Advertisement