Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL modem not working properly

Options
  • 04-06-2008 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am having problems too with my NTL/UPC Broadband connection for the past week. The Ethernet LED is working and the D/S LED is flashing but none of the other LEDs are lit at all. Would anybody know what might be causing this problem or has anybody experienced the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

I had something similar a while ago. UPC replaced the modem (Scientific Atlanta).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

You'd have to contact UPC. You may need a new modem or it could be a network fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

If you have not already done so, disconnect the power, leave it for 30 minutes and then try it again. If that doesn't work then contact UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭stanley1

It's not finding downstream frequency, connect all cables , reboot and leave on till it syncs., may take a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

Bar last night I have had issues with my connection since last Monday or Tuesday? Firhouse/Knocklyon btw.

I have lost my connection from some time in the after noon till 8 or 9 in the evening. I can only assume it has some thing to do with some NTL internal shenannigans. Possibly this new speed upgrade?
    Due to the regularity of it it has to be some thing like that. Does not seem to be a server thing as my IP has remainded the same for the duration.

meh I hope it settles off soon.

For now I just wait till I see the "ready" light back on, reboot the modem and do a repair on my LAN connection. Works fine after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

classic NTL unreliable ****E . my connection has gone tonight and I am mad as hell, go **** yourself c#ntin blinking ready light:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::rolleyes:

Advertisement