Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unusual problem

• 04-06-2008 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Using the computer and all of a sudden the task bar at the bottom of the screen disappeared and when I minimized the windows I have open they disappear and there are no icons on the desktop.

Anyone have a breeze whats wrong?

I managed to get it back by opening up "task manager" then onto "File", then "New Task (Run...)". Typed in "explorer" and pressed OK. But still it happened a few times today and would like to fix it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

I'm no expert but if i were you I would go to the properties tag of the c:\ in my computer (if possible - try pressing the windows key + c) and use check disk ofr errors tool under the tools tab.- It sounds like you're in for trouble. you should backup your data.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I had a virus a few years ago that done that. So try a full scan first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

aye it could well be a virus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I done a virus scan yesterday and there was nothing major, I also done 2 Malware scans. Sure I'll do another AVG scan and see if there's anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Gonna move this to windows. If it turns out to be a virus, the mods from there can move it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

installed any new software recently?
    been on any dodgy websites?
    open any funny attachments?
    could your antivirus be crashing your explorer?
    are you running a certain application?
    is there any way to provoke it to happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I always like to keep a tactical nuclear strike on the cards whenever my PC does something it shouldnt: consider a reformat. How long has it been since you had one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

cance wrote: »
    installed any new software recently?
    been on any dodgy websites?
    open any funny attachments?
    could your antivirus be crashing your explorer?
    are you running a certain application?
    is there any way to provoke it to happen?

Nope
    Nope
    Nope
    Doubt it
    Apart from the internet and iTunes, no
    Nope just being on the internet

Seems to be sorted now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

another thing that might cause this is a faulty dvd drive, This happened to me recently and I assumed it was an OS problem. I had been messing with my dvd drive recently ( took it out of the case and attempted to use it while it was sitting on the desk - attempted xbox softmod ) when I replaced the offending drive everything returned to normal.

Advertisement