Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGRH Beers 20th June all are welcome

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Oh I'm not coming to the beers, unless I can pop in early.
    I have someplace to be, but I'll end up in coppers.

Ah right. Seriously doubt we'll be there, the Brothers are a bit more "mature" and past that sort of thing, especially if it involves moving from somewhere that's still serving us beer.

Zaph wrote: »
    Ah right. Seriously doubt we'll be there, the Brothers are a bit more "mature" and past that sort of thing, especially if it involves moving from somewhere that's still serving us beer.

Tom Dunne and Des F aren't exactly mature....admit it ye just won't be capable.
    I'll get to one eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Moonbaby wrote: »
    BTW do these things end up in Coppers?

I know the DJ there! He uses the same shiny thing as me. In fact we had a discussion on another board, it went something like this:

>DJ 1: I think Slapper, sorry, Copper Face Jacks will be the venue!!

>DJ From Coppers: Slappers ah yes it does what it says on the tin.
    >If that Dj box could talk

>DJ 2:Yeah That would be on..... Mine a Jd & coke....

>DJS: Mine's a slapper and a kebab!

>DJ 1: Hope your Mrs don't see that Spider!

>DJS: Actually I thought the first came with the second!*

*I'll get my coat!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Ah Moon I thought you were coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

G86 wrote: »
    clarebear :) lol she went with cazlou a while back...they were jus there for a bit as far as I know though...

Nope Clarebear hasn't been to one with me, think it was the christmas one coz there's a pic floating around of her wearing a santa hat with Monkeyfudge. The ones I've been to I've gone alone, and the unofficial one I went with Cmol
    Ah right, they were the unofficial beers organised a few days in advance, therefore condensed milk was not required. I couldn't make that one so I've never met her.
    Nope again, Zaph!lol I've been at several starting with Czech Inn - but don't worry - noone ever remembers me:( - just ask Tom Dunne:p:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Cazlou wrote: »
    noone ever remembers me:( - just ask Tom Dunne:p:D

Trust me, after the stilettos and hot-pants, I will never forget you, chicken. ;)

Cazlou wrote: »
    Nope again, Zaph!lol I've been at several starting with Czech Inn - but don't worry - noone ever remembers me:( - just ask Tom Dunne:p:D

My sincerest apologies Cazlou, although having seen the pics afterwards there were quite a few people there that night I didn't get around to meeting.
    Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Trust me, after the stilettos and hot-pants, I will never forget you, chicken. ;)

I can't remember what it was, but I know I had something important on that night that prevented me from going. But given what I missed I'm sure it couldn't have been that important. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Cazlou

Aww shucks:o
    But woo hoo for finally being remembered!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

i take it there won't be hot pants and stilettos this time around though? there can never be too many stilettos! i want to know what all of ye are wearing btw cos i'll be havin to change in work...

fonpokno wrote: »
    there can never be too many stilettos!

Well said.
    i want to know what all of ye are wearing btw cos i'll be havin to change in work...

The hint is in the title. ;)

Wear what you like, ffs. :)

I can't believe a BGRH mod is giving fashion tips in the Ladies Lounge.

I blame Sister Zaphora.

• Advertisement

I can't believe a BGRH mod is giving fashion tips in the Ladies Lounge.

A worrying precedent Brother Tom.

A worrying precedent Brother Tom.

That's rich coming from you, Brother Sister Zaphora.

That's rich coming from you, Brother Sister Zaphora.

Harsh, but true. :(

Speaking of harsh, I am sure you have a few pointers for the ladies? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

it is ok Zaph, we know you are just confused and conflicted but the brothers are here to help you

It just turns out our chosen method of therapy involves abuse and ridicule :p

Speaking of harsh, I am sure you have a few pointers for the ladies? :D

Well I'm working on the assumption that they're much nicer people than the Brothers and will be plying their new mod with food and beverages all night. I do believe that I will be receiving at least one individual sized banoffi, so that's a good start.
    it is ok Zaph, we know you are just confused and conflicted but the brothers are here to help you

It just turns out our chosen method of therapy involves abuse and ridicule :p

Thanks for pointing that out Brother Recliner, in my state of confusion I hadn't noticed what you were doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

actually does this mean sister zaphora has to wear a corset?

I think you'll find that corsets are not compulsory. Besides, I don't think they make them that big.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

i want to know what all of ye are wearing btw cos i'll be havin to change in work...

I actually got my outfit ready there about an hour ago cause I'm tied up for the rest of the week so now was a good time to get it ready.

Well the corset is hopefully going ahead, I'm peeling pretty badly from sunburn but I am hoping this will be cleared by friday. :D

I am also wearing those knee length trouser thingy's (have no idea what they are called) lol and they are black too, lol. :o

And I'm wearing nice peep toe shoes, with a nice tan on the legs and feet cause I got a new tattoo on my foot and I wanna show it off, so no tights for me. lol. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I know they are not compulsery but as Mod of the LL I would of thought you would of lead by example.

that said at least mt eyesight has now been saved

• Advertisement

ChewChew wrote: »
    I actually got my outfit ready there about an hour ago cause I'm tied up for the rest of the week so now was a good time to get it ready.

Well the corset is hopefully going ahead, I'm peeling pretty badly from sunburn but I am hoping this will be cleared by friday. :D

I am also wearing those knee length trouser thingy's (have no idea what they are called) lol and they are black too, lol. :o

And I'm wearing nice peep toe shoes, with a nice tan on the legs and feet cause I got a new tattoo on my foot and I wanna show it off, so no tights for me. lol. :p

god you're well organised! i'd wear a corset only i don't have anything to fill it with and it'd only look like i was wearing some sort of velvety flattening cardboard box... i think i know what i'm wearing but i'll have to see if i can find pretty flat shoes! :D yay shopping!

god you're well organised! i'd wear a corset only i don't have anything to fill it with and it'd only look like i was wearing some sort of velvety flattening cardboard box... i think i know what i'm wearing but i'll have to see if i can find pretty flat shoes! :D yay shopping!

If I'm truthfull I'm just a saddo who wanted to do some ironing. :D ok so you get to go shopping. you win. chewie = jealous of Fon. :eek:

jsb wrote: »
    I know they are not compulsery but as Mod of the LL I would of thought you would of lead by example.

that said at least mt eyesight has now been saved

Think of it as a public service :D

don't be too jealous chewchew! my shopping will consist of penneys.....

don't be too jealous chewchew! my shopping will consist of penneys.....

Eh just think of the bargains you get in there tho. Flat shoes, jammies, socks & accessories!! niceeeeeeee

Baby Oil usually helps!

Pedal Pushers!

Noice!

Eh just think of the bargains you get in there tho. Flat shoes, jammies, socks & accessories!! niceeeeeeee

true yes! i love penneys, but if they don't have pretty flat shoes my outfit shall be right back to the drawing board and i'll be back in stilettos....

I think you'll find that corsets are not compulsory. Besides, I don't think they make them that big.

A) If you wnat us to respect you....you'll suit up in the team uniform.
    B) Yes they do. Check out the underwear section of Evans.

Pennys in the UK is called Primark, I always went there to get my clothes! I don't believe in spending loads of cash on designer labels when you get just as good stuff for much less!

Plus I have managed to get some excellent BGRH related t-shirts!

Might wear one to the beers if my corset doesn't fit!*

* NOT actually true - promise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I shall try my best to attend this shindig of fine men and even finer ladies.

Advertisement