Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGRH Beers 20th June all are welcome

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

Cremo wrote: »
    how can i resist when you said please so nicely :D

so hard to find manners these days :p

Awww thanks. Yay!! I find manners get me what I want most of the time, no harm in it!! :D I'll even bring some sweets for everyone, sweets make everyone happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

yeh i was thinking that, easy to spot everyone but i'm perplexed about why condensed milk?

You know the way in movies if there's a blind date one person usually says they'll be the person wearing a carnation flower so the other can spot them? well the brothers didnt want to have to be wearing a flower when meeting up with the other brothers, so next best thing was condensed milk made by 'Carnation'

Make sense?

added photo

31ru6UPrKHL._AA160_.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

how can i resist when you said please so nicely :D

so hard to find manners these days :p

yeh i was thinking that, easy to spot everyone but i'm perplexed about why condensed milk?
    See here
    http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Beer_Guts_%26_Receding_Hair

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Ginny you just wanted them to know you're the legendary one when it comes to bringing the condensed milk ;) I didnt think of posting the link :( *sigh*

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

LOL nah, I had forgotten that was there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ahh it alls makes sense now.

excuse my newbish questions please :p

that was some good thinking ginny as i can't say i've ever heard of condensed milk before.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

i was thinking of going to this until i saw the requirement of some sort of powdered milk, who the hell would want powdered milk or whatever it is, might still go though pop my boards beers cherry

Powdered or evaporated milk is not acceptable. It must be Carnation Condensed Milk, nothing else is permissable.

As mentioned by the ladies, it was how the Brothers were able to identify each other at the first BGRH beers, and has been adopted as a compulsory rite of passage for anyone attending their first BGRH beers. Brother DesF is the Keeper of the Cans, and has in his possession possibly Ireland's largest collection of condensed milk.

Cathooo wrote: »
    Ginny you just wanted them to know you're the legendary one when it comes to bringing the condensed milk ;)

Ginny is a legend, and as such is entitled to brag about it. :D

What does one do with such a large collection of condensed milk?? The only other use is part of banoffi pies!! Id DesF any good at baking??

Well there has been at least one banoffi made to reduce the stockpile slightly (not by Brother Des I might add), and very tasty it was too.

Aww damn, I should've been at that beers. you really cant beat a good banoffi pie, yum yum. :D

• Advertisement

ash xxx wrote: »
    Aww damn, I should've been at that beers. you really cant beat a good banoffi pie, yum yum. :D

It wasn't at a beers, it was a non-official BGRH gathering. That said, one of the lovely mods here (WindSock I do believe) did bring banoffi to the last beers, but it was gone in record time and I never got any. :(

I'd be tempted to bring one, as I make a mean banoffi, but not nearly enough for 50 people. Maybe I'll make a small one, just for you Zaph!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

bring cake! it'll be fun! altho i'm not a banoffi fan..... i'll have to go hunting in tesco tomorrow for condensed milk. if i see anyone else buying it i'm gonna automatically assume they're a boardsie and make friends with them. i don't think i'd ever heard of condensed milk before i discovered boards.

I'd be tempted to bring one, as I make a mean banoffi, but not nearly enough for 50 people. Maybe I'll make a small one, just for you Zaph!!! :D

To paraphrase the great Mel Brooks - It's good to be the king mod. :D

See thats how you'll recognise me, I'll walk in with a can of condensed milk in one hand and a mini banoffi in the other, with a sh*t scared look on my face!! :D And if the pie is any good Zaph, you owe me a drink!! Bulmers purrlease!! ;)

See thats how you'll recognise me, I'll walk in with a can of condensed milk in one hand and a mini banoffi in the other, with a sh*t scared look on my face!! :D And if the pie is any good Zaph, you owe me a drink!! Bulmers purrlease!! ;)

It will be my pleasure.

And there's no need to be scared, we're a friendly bunch. However, if you are nervous about coming in, PM one of the ladies, or even myself, and get a number so that someone can come out to meet you. A few people have done that before.

Yeah, a couple of the ladies have already given me their numbers, they is lovely. I'll still be really nervous though.

if anyone would be willing to come rescue me from outside D2 on the 20th i would buy you multiple drinks....

fonpokno wrote: »
    if anyone would be willing to come rescue me from outside D2 on the 20th i would buy you multiple drinks....

Easily arranged. I'm more than happy to come out and bring anyone in, but if you prefer one of the ladies I'm sure there'll be several willing to volunteer their services.

i'll take pretty much anyone tbh! just as long as they don't let me wimp out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Zaph wrote: »
    Easily arranged. I'm more than happy to come out and bring anyone in, but if you prefer one of the ladies I'm sure there'll be several willing to volunteer their services.

same with myself as I should be there from the start (however if would prefer we can arrange for one of the LL'ers to go out and meet you)

Ye really are all so lovely. :)

fonpokno wrote: »
    i'll take pretty much anyone tbh! just as long as they don't let me wimp out!
    I'll be going and its my first so PM me your number if you want to. There'll be one of the lovely ladies coming out to meet if its handier to do it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

Are total newbies allowed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Looby_Loo wrote: »
    Are total newbies allowed?

Yup, all are welcome

Always good to meet new people

As said above, if you are nervous about coming pm one of us and we can swap numbers and come out and meet you

I want beer!

NOW GODDAMIT!

Breathe Ava, BREATHE!!

I want beer!

NOW GODDAMIT!

Beer you can have anytime

But beer in the company of the brothers is worth waiting for :D

Beer you can have anytime

But beer in the company of the brothers is worth waiting for :D

It's not often Brother Recliner displays such wisdom, but when he does it's worth listening to.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    It's not often Brother Recliner displays such wisdom, but when he does it's worth listening to.

I bide my time Brother

Don't like to use up all my wisdom at once, I haven't got much of it to spare

Advertisement