Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BGRH Beers 20th June all are welcome

Options

Comments

Beer you can have anytime

But beer in the company of the brothers is worth waiting for :D

I know. *drinks beer*

Worth waiting for eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Worth waiting for eh?

Well more like you don't have a choice but to wait, us brothers are a lazy lot and organising things just isn't in our nature, hence the semi irregular nature of our meet ups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sweetbubbly

one question before I decide whether I should go.. there's no wierd initiation test to have to do... just bring the condensed milk???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Wud love to go for the craic! Newbie so never been to one but have to work very early next day! :mad:

So close to my b-day too! Ah well maybe next time!

Have fun! :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

one question before I decide whether I should go.. there's no wierd initiation test to have to do... just bring the condensed milk???
    there is two simple tests,

they are called crossing the desert and the unblinking eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

no there are no other tests, but we do take the condensed milk seriously so you may want to check you can source it before then
    Jemmy wrote: »
    Wud love to go for the craic! Newbie so never been to one but have to work very early next day! :mad:

So close to my b-day too! Ah well maybe next time!

Have fun! :D;)

well we will be starting from around 5.30 so even if you came for a while before heading home you would still manage to meet some of us and have a bit of a laugh and you will look forward to teh next one even more

on a side note there is a prize of 2 pints to any of the ladies that can manage to make The Recliner dance with rhythm

jsb wrote: »
    on a side note there is a prize of 2 pints to any of the ladies that can manage to make The Recliner dance with rhythm

You b@stard :p
    *removes jsb from friend list*

Don't waste the effort ladies, those are 2 pints that cannot be won

Newb here..

What's this about condensed milk? :eek::D

Cathooo wrote: »
    You know the way in movies if there's a blind date one person usually says they'll be the person wearing a carnation flower so the other can spot them? well the brothers didnt want to have to be wearing a flower when meeting up with the other brothers, so next best thing was condensed milk made by 'Carnation'

Make sense?

added photo

31ru6UPrKHL._AA160_.jpg

from earlier in the thread

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Isnt ava adore a pumpkins album / song?

Newb here..

What's this about condensed milk? :eek::D

It was used to identify people at the first meet up (carnation milk instead of a flower as is traditional) and has since become traditional that all newcomers bring it. There will be some on a table to identify us and it is a handy ice breaker plus if we see someone looking lost with a can we will introduce ourselves

That and brother desf appears to have a fetish for collecting them :D

Isnt ava adore a pumpkins album / song?
    Tis.

That and brother desf appears to have a fetish for collecting them :D
    Noice.:p

Right.. eh.. how strange. But, better then you all wearing flowers.. actually that would be pretty amusing really..

sooo.. condensed milk.. hmmmmmm.

Condensed Milk can generally be found in the baking section of most supermarkets

just in case anyone is wondering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

The lads are too bald and beer bellied to come up with initiation i think.

The checklist appears to go :

1) Do they have milk?

2) Do they have beer?

If answers are yes then it's all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ellamennopee

Can I go?

I don't really know anyone, and I'm a bit shy.

of course you can, it is open to everyone and it seems there are going to be a good few first timers going this week. So we can either try and arrange for one of the LL'ers to meet you before hand (or one of the brothers if that is what you would prefer ;)) or you can just arrive in and the collection of carnation milk should give away our location

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭monroe

You know the way in movies if there's a blind date one person usually says they'll be the person wearing a carnation flower so the other can spot them? well the brothers didnt want to have to be wearing a flower when meeting up with the other brothers, so next best thing was condensed milk made by 'Carnation'

Make sense?

added photo

31ru6UPrKHL._AA160_.jpg

Thanks for the clarification.........I was really lost reading that other thread with all the references to condensed milk, that along with the boob theme had me worried

How strict is this corset malarky??

monroe wrote: »
    Thanks for the clarification.........I was really lost reading that other thread with all the references to condensed milk, that along with the boob theme had me worried

Not at all strict, wear whatever you're comfortable in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

monroe wrote: »

Extremely.

Shush Des :D

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

Hmmm, lets say, for arguments sake, that one could not get hold of a corset fro said evening. What else would be considered appropriate attire?? no boobie tassle answers please. :D

damnit I was just about to say boobie tassles :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

ash xxx wrote: »
    Hmmm, lets say, for arguments sake, that one could not get hold of a corset fro said evening. What else would be considered appropriate attire?? no boobie tassle answers please. :D

bikini

RedXIV wrote: »
    bikini

Ah now you could have said beachwear, which would be likely to be see thru, asking for bikinis will just get a straight no :p

Hmmm, bikini, nah I dont think so. What do the other non corseted ladies wear instead of said corsets??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Ah now you could have said beachwear, which would be likely to be see thru, asking for bikinis will just get a straight no :p

Ah i reckoned i was gonna get shot down regardless. i had originally posted "a smile" but toned it down

Hmmm, its do-able, but I'd be afraid that the Guards would come along and do me for indecent exposure. :o

• Advertisement

ash xxx wrote: »
    Hmmm, bikini, nah I dont think so. What do the other non corseted ladies wear instead of said corsets??

Anything really, we've had ladies in jeans, tops, boots, dresses, skirts, trousers, hot pants, hooker shoes :D whatever you wear when you go out!

RedXIV wrote: »
    Ah i reckoned i was gonna get shot down regardless. i had originally posted "a smile" but toned it down

well done young one ;)

Advertisement