Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If I could improve COD4 I would..

• 04-06-2008 6:16pm

- make it 10 kills streak for a chopper

- replace "7 kills = chopper" with "7 kills = pack of 3 dogs let loose on enemies"

- make it possible to put more than one attachment on a gun (e.g. silencer + red-dot)

- Make ALL maps available for ALL modes

- Make hardcore available for ALL modes

- put more/random spawning points everywhere

- make new game mode called "Battle Royale" where it's like a Free for all but everyone has a set number of lives, lets say 3, and then they're out. You get more points for taking peoples' 2nd and 3rd lives than their 1st and points based on your overall finishing position. It would be ruined by campers though.

- Eidt: forgot to add.....make it possible to see the beam coming from the red dot if you have your night-vision on, like in R6V2.
    I know the dogs idea isn't exactly original, but thought I'd throw it in there as its a fantastic idea.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

$hifty wrote: »
    - make it 10 kills streak for a chopper

We'd not see many choppers at 10 kills
    - replace "7 kills = chopper" with "7 kills = pack of 3 dogs let loose on enemies"

That's a great idea! Sending them towards snipers would rule!
    - make it possible to put more than one attachment on a gun (e.g. silencer + red-dot)

Maybe not in all modes – too overpowered?
    - Make ALL maps available for ALL modes

Some maps just don't suit some game types.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Special detection algorithm on headset to detect american voices that haven't reached puberty yet, and randomly disconnect them until they f**k off and play Halo 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

Mr E wrote: »
    Special detection algorithm on headset to detect american voices that haven't reached puberty yet, and randomly disconnect them until they f**k off and play Halo 3.

lol.... +1 on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

If only. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Option to disable Choppers & Airstrikes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

armour87 wrote: »
    Option to disable Choppers & Airstrikes?
    im pretty sure you can do that already, but most hosts leave it enabled

-i wish there was a way to prevent the bombardment of grenades that sometimes happens... perhaps more games with FF on and having a bigger punishment if you tk with a grenade or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Make sniping easier.... or maybe I'm just sh1te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Masta Chief

sniping just takes practise .. Adjust ure perks accordingly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭mickyt

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    im pretty sure you can do that already, but most hosts leave it enabled
    They can't enable it can they?
    I didn't think most people even know when there host.

I certainly don't know when I am host. I have often been the only one left in a room ( i must of farted or something ) but I don't notice any extra powers or settings I have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

mickyt wrote: »
    They can't enable it can they?
    I didn't think most people even know when there host.

I certainly don't know when I am host. I have often been the only one left in a room ( i must of farted or something ) but I don't notice any extra powers or settings I have.

You'd have to host a private match.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

This would be a very welcome addition :D

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

yoyo wrote: »
    This would be a very welcome addition :D

Nick

No Thank you!
    A large proportion of the "I raped you, you're ghey etc," crowd seem to have migrated over to COD4 lately.
    As a result Halo has become positively civilized in the past while,

I'd imagine the majority of Halo players left play the game wearing smoking jackets, drinking a snifter of VSOP brandy with a fine cigar sat in their leather wingback chair guffawing over the headset
    "A fine win their old chap, you truly pwned me. Bravo."

Or not. But it does seem better lately.

Edit - Dog idea is great, would love to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

I think they should:

- Sort out the spawn points as the amount of spawn kills are a joke

- Tune up the sniping as you can shoot beside someone and still kill them

- **** Juggernaught away

- And yes **** prepubescent yanks and some older ones off the game along with juggernaught

More then one attachment would be nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Maybe if you could sacrifice a Perk for an extra attachment. That would work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Get rid of juggernaut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Maybe if you could sacrifice a Perk for an extra attachment. That would work.

That would work, come on infinity-ward! Give it to us!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

I think that its way to easy to go up a skill level in COD4 compared to Halo 3 for example. I think the skill system should be similar to halo in the sense that you have a different ranking for every playlist and also make it harder to go up levels. Therefore when you see a player with skill 40+ you know that they are a good player, like in halo.
    Other than that i don't think i'd change to much. Great game.

Advertisement