Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anybody else think the home ec was hard??

Options
  • 04-06-2008 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

I found the home ec pretty tough.. No Vits.. No Minerals except for feckin pottasium.. No Carbs and No Meat, eggs, fish no amino acids.. Nothnig!!

Comments

I didnt think it was that bad.

I did questions 4/5 and question 3 in the elective and the short questions were pretty easy.

I could not do the compulsary question. I'd say I got about 20/80.
    Stupidly left out fats! :( Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭NervyChick

I didnt think it was that bad.

I did questions 4/5 and question 3 in the elective and the short questions were pretty easy.

I could not do the compulsary question. I'd say I got about 20/80.
    Stupidly left out fats! :( Oh well.

Ye the shorts were OkAy but there wasnt much to write about fats just about feckin fats, you couldnt bring in any other knowledge about from fat sol vits an omeaga 3 grr

• Registered Users Posts: 21 born2run

I thought the compulsory was the best one, cos our teacher's been telling us all year that lipids were gonna come up!:D Question4 was pretty horrible 4 me, and I didnt like the short questions but the rest was ok...wasnt as good as the mock tho!

NervyChick wrote: »
    Ye the shorts were OkAy but there wasnt much to write about fats just about feckin fats, you couldnt bring in any other knowledge about from fat sol vits an omeaga 3 grr

I have NO idea what you are trying to say.

I have NO idea what you are trying to say.

The short questions were grand but there wasnt much to write about fats just about their functions. you couldnt bring in any other knowledge you knew like previous section b questions over the years where you could write about proteins, calcium, fibre etc.. All you could write about fat was the fa soluable vitamins and omeaga 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭22diamonds

I'm delighted that fats came up! Sure carbs and protein already came up so it was due. It was a bitch tryin to learn and remember all the chemical structures though! :(
    short questions kinda hard... good elective! I did option 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I think it was grand. I thought lipids would come up alright. The last part of that question was a bit weird...the dairy one. But I could answer it. I think the short questions were lovely! Social elective was great. I answered the fruit and veg question but not very well... and I did the changing roles questions which was fine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

Home-ec's for girls! eugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 KolaBABY

OMG. I found it SO hard. I said to myself before "science of lipids wont come up - surely!" and WHAT CAME UP IN SECTION B??!
    Bad luck. VERY bad luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I wouldn't worry about it. I did Home Ec the first year it changed and the paper was completely different to what we were expecting based on the sample papers. Fish came up that year as question 1 and I hadn't studied it! I spent the next week worrying about it and I came out with an A2. So even if you thinked you messed up because something you weren't expecting came up, don't worry. Move on and forget about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Home Ec was bloody rediculous. Totally new questions, past papers were useless!

Pretty much everything i studied was left out which is why i hate HE, its so particular but **** it... ITS OVER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 KolaBABY

I had a total panic attack in the exam too. Messy. But I felt so relieved after when I threw my notes in the bin! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭eyresquare

i thought you just had to cook up a fry for an examiner :S

janeybabe wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it. I did Home Ec the first year it changed and the paper was completely different to what we were expecting based on the sample papers. Fish came up that year as question 1 and I hadn't studied it! I spent the next week worrying about it and I came out with an A2.

You do realize only 2% get an A.

2%.

:O

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

You do realize only 2% get an A.

2%.

:O

Oops, ok, worry away! :p

The more I think about it like maybe I did ok but I got a B1 in the mocks and i was hoping to get maybe an A2 because it was my best subject and I was feckin sure carbs were going to come up.. Its just really disheartening ..They were all over the mock papers :(
    No point worryin about it now, just have to pull up my socks for the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭....shell....

i nearly cried when i opened the paper (higher level) it was horrible and i didnt do half as good as i thought i would...i was very disappointed with it to be honest...the elective was the best i did...

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Home Ec was bloody rediculous. Totally new questions, past papers were useless!

Pretty much everything i studied was left out which is why i hate HE, its so particular but **** it... ITS OVER!

What are you talking about? Why did you expect that they would repeat some of the past questions? That makes no sense, how would that be a test of your knowledge? did you look at what hadnt shown up since the new course came in? if you had you would have seen that lipids hadnt shown up!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I thought it was a good paper. I was a bit disappointed there wasn't more on the old vitamins and minerals! I crammed them good on Tuesday! I don't know how anyone was expecting anything but lipids to come up for Q1, it was pretty much guaranteed, I didn't even bother revising Carbs and Protein.

Advertisement