Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goats Cheese from McDonnells farm glen of downs - where is that?

Options
  • 04-06-2008 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Is glen of downs so small thats all I need to find, a goat will point his hoof in the general direction when I get there?

Cant track the farm down by phone number at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

worded wrote: »
    Cant track the farm down by phone number at the moment.

Here is what i found

Old MacDonnell’s Farm, Glen of the Downs, Bray, Co. Wicklow.
    Contact: Brian, Wendy & Paddy MacDonnell Tel: 01 2828992, 01 2829707, 086 2445150
    Fax: 01 2864828 Email: oldmacdonnellsfarm@eircom.net

here is where i got if from

http://www.wicklowleader.ie/download/wwgoodfood.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've been there before once before. You can only get into it when heading northbound on the N11, so if you're coming from Dublin you'll have to go through Kilmacanogue, down as far as the Glenview Hotel turn-off and do a U-turn and head back towards Dublin. The turn-off for the farm is signposted (although not that clearly IIRC) on the left about a kilometre further on. You can see it on the other side of the road as you're heading southbound, so keep an eye out and you'll know what you're looking out for on the way back. Just drive slowly and keep your eyes peeled. Good Luck!

One advantage of buying from the farm directly is that the stuff keeps for much longer. Well, OK it doesn't actually keep longer, but you're getting it straight off the production line as it were, and it doesn't spend weeks hanging around in the distribution chain before it gets to the shops, when it only has a week or so left before it's sell-by date.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Instead of moving this I think I'll close it. If you need any more help go to the particular regional forum. This has nothing to do with this forum.
    Au revoir!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Opened on request of OP and moved to the Wicklow forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

Well made it to the good farm of old mac donnells, their produce is excellent includes yoghurt / cheeses etc.

Cool kids

http://homepage.eircom.net/~worded/goat1.jpg

http://homepage.eircom.net/~worded/goat2.jpg

• Advertisement

Nice. :-s

Advertisement