Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

you tube not loading

• 04-06-2008 7:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

hi
    i cant get You Tube videos to play. they are just sticking on "loading".

i have adobe flash player 9 installed.

I am using Windows XP Home.
    Any ideas?
    Everything was working fine up to a few days ago

tnx.

Comments

I am getting the same problem in linux...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Have noticed this the odd time. Sometimes the YouTube servers are really busy. Try refreshing the page a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

<snip>
    hijacking a thread and uploading something of doubtful provenance - tut tut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

hi guys i wonder can anyone help me i uploaded a video today on you tube and was just wondering how long i takes before i can view it ?
    by the way it was a morrissey vid from the kilmainham gig in case anyone was wondering :D.

No, nobody was wondering... and stop highjacking threads start your own.

To op: There seems to be a fair bit of trouble with Flash 9 lately, I'd suggest rolling back to flash 8 to see if you still have the same problem.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

have you tried another browser , in case you have disabled a plug in in one or googlebar or has blocked the site or something

firefox has tons of add ons that download videos , maybe IE does too, that way you can separate if it downloading or playing is the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

When I click on a link for a youtube video or type www.youtube.com, I get the japanese version. Any idea why?

I'm using firefox with Vista home basic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Do you have any of the regional settings on your PC accidently set to japanese? Alternatively you probably accidently selected it on the YouTube site itself and it's been saved as a cookie ever since. Try clearing your browser cache and try again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Sometimes is just doesnt work if your internet connection is too slow!
    what are you using ? broadband, mobile internet?

(and Blinky, Try it in 12 hours)

Advertisement