Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DealXtremes Portable Solar charger what do you reckon

Options
  • 04-06-2008 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hi

thinking of buying this http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4785
    What do you reckon

- Built-in 2500mAh rechargeable battery powers devices even without sunlight
    - Self-Recharged via the onboard dual-panel 1.54W photocell (solar panels)
    - Built-in Handy White LED Flashlight

- Can also be recharged by the included AC adapter, when sunlight is not available
    - Supports USB powered devices and a lot of other devices (4.5V~9V adjustable)
    - Tri-color LED indicates current battery status (red, orange, and green)
    - High quality ABS fireproof consuction
    - Comes with various adapter cables for charging most cell phones
    Key specifications
    - Solar panel capacity: 1.54Wh (5.5V / 280mA max)
    - Built-in battery: 2500mAh / 3.8V
    - Output voltage: 4.5V~9V (selectable steps: 4.5V, 5V, 6.3V, 9V)
    - Output current: 1000mA max
    - Output power: 4W max
    - Unit weight: 240 grams

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

i got a $20 1200mh one from dealextreme and i find it great, a few major flaws, (not knowing when the batter is full) but it powers the following, powered portable speakers(loud), charges a n95, half charges a archos 605, what i also did was buy a cheap multi voltage wall adaptor and cut the lead and solder a connector that fits the solar panel, now i have all the connectors for various devices...

ro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

it is not bad... have only charged it once with the solar module, thw wall charger is handy.... was thinking of upping the capacity by replacing the nicads in it...

Advertisement