Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football - How to?

Options
  • 04-06-2008 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭

Was just looking for some input on something I hope to get together over the summer.
    Basically next year myself and one or two others would like to do something like the Fantasy Football except for OUR club, the one we all play for.
    Could anyone give me an idea of what would be the easiest way about going about this.

My first idea was to implement it as a Spreadsheet, however then I thought that there would be a problem with getting everyone's score updated every week. Could only do this by posting it to the website.
    Also trying to keep people honest this way may be tough as there would be no way of stopping people putting the best players of the weekend in their team after we had posted the results up short of getting everyone to e-mail us there team before the weekends matches started.

So basically what route would you take if you were to undertake this? :p

Anyone involved in the project will have some computing experience aswell e.g. two college comp sci graduates and at least two current comp sci students.

Cheers

(Wasnt sure whether to put this in Programming or Web Design so if I chose wrong could a Mod move it? Cheers)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Cheers mate

I think thats for American Football though. But I'll see If I can change it around to suit me.

At the moment the group is kind of leaning towards the MS Office way of doing things....
    Which Is gonna be tricky enough I feel

I'm sure I've come across other open source fantasy football things before ... someone else may know of one :)

Yeah I just checked out SourceForge there.
    There's one or two alright, just not sure whether ease of access is gonna play a big part or not... :rolleyes:

google apps then might be an option ?

Shared excel doc stored on google apps ? makes it easy to track changes and so on ?

(sorry I assume these days most peoples have a gmail account)

• Advertisement

forbairt wrote: »
    google apps then might be an option ?

Shared excel doc stored on google apps ? makes it easy to track changes and so on ?

(sorry I assume these days most peoples have a gmail account)

Hmmm I rarely use my GMail account. Only have one because one of my college modules required one. That could be a handy idea. Cheers

Is there different priviliges you can afford to users?
    Like some people can only view sheets while others can edit?

Frisbee wrote: »
    Is there different priviliges you can afford to users?
    Like some people can only view sheets while others can edit?

Yep you can allow certain people edit functions and others view :)

I'm not sure the level you can go to on individual sheets though ... I know you can do it on the full "excel" doc though

Thats great man.
    Thanks alot

Advertisement