Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike security while touring in France

Options
  • 04-06-2008 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I'm thinkin of headin over to France next month for a couple of weeks, and was just wonderin if anyone has any experience of using French campsites while on the bike? Is there usually someplace to lock up the bike or do you just leave it outside the tent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Personally I've just left it outside the tent and I have been fine. Most of my experience has been in Spain (a little in France) but my general impression regarding campsites would be that you will be fine. I would only really be concerned in cities (staying in B&Bs/Pensions/etc) where you would do well to put the bikes indoors/round the back etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Chris Peak

I spent 2 months in France and never had a problem.

I just left the bike outside my tent, but I supose I could have tied it to a fence-post or a tree.

Had no problem taking the bike on trains either.

French roads and cycle paths are a dream also.

Advertisement