Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ on a budget

• 04-06-2008 8:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

I'm holding a BBQ on Friday but my budget is rather tight. The joys of being a broke student! I'll be feeding about 10 people and am trying to do it for as cheap as possible but I don't want to be feeding my guests something they don't enjoy. I can get Tesco nachos and dip for about 99c each and I'll be getting lots of potato wedges too as those aren't too pricy but meats and such are what I'm trying to figure out how to do cheaply. Burgers and chicken are probably the best. Which supermarkets have the best deals? I know Tesco have a 3 for 2 on BBQ stuff but what other options are there?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

Lidl... also Superquinn have Ben and Jerrys on special offer - good for dessert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Do you have any prices for drumsticks etc in Lidl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

if i were you id check out the butchers. They sell meat and bbq packs for great prices. Like 20 - 30 quid would easily fill 10 ppl no hassle. Depends on the offers in your local butcher though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Definitely go to your local butchers. You will pick up butcher made burgers for about €1 each. You could also get some BBQ ribs and some long sausages. The butcher will work out tastier and cheaper than a supermarket. Have a look in a few in your area and see for yourself. Also, do a nice cheap mixed salad - Red, Green, Yellow peppers with some small lettuce leaves, red onion, and sweetcorn. Pretty cheap too and goes a long way.

Hope the weather is good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Local butchers all the way. I always got to the butchers for meat as its cheaper and much better stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,421 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

potato wedges buy potatoes chop up put salt, chilli, oil in bowl mix with wedges stick on baking tray in oven until cooked cheaper than packs of pre made wedges i bet (and nicer)

Advertisement