Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Template Monster Templates

Options
  • 04-06-2008 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Has anyone ever used Template Monster Templates before?

My friend wants to make a basic flash website and saw some really good templates on Template Monster for around 40 quid.

How hard is it to change the text, etc on the templates?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

As far as I know they are limited in what you can do with them.

If you've got flash it should be handy enough to change ... check out the template instructions for the template you are interested in though

Remember as well that 200 other websites may have the exact same template

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

This is the template I'm looking at:

http://www.templatemonster.com/flash-templates/17499.html

It nearly seems a bit too easy! All I need to do is change the text - no extra functionality needed! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

yes I guess depending on what you want to do with it ...

7 other people have downloaded it for that price ...

If you want custom development you're going to pay .. If you want a mass produced template that anyone else in the same industry as you can get go for it :D (I'm unsure about how they are set for SEO and so on)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

I've used template monster plenty of times and you get what you pay for. Most of the templates wouldn't be the best in terms of SEO, but you get the full source each time to make as many mods as you need.

Alot of the templates use too much in the way of images to space content out and overuse of tables, but as you're after a flash template then that won't be an issue.

For 40odd euro, it's worth the punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭thedesigntribe

Not a bad template, however a site built using that is not going to be found is search engines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Not a bad template, however a site built using that is not going to be found is search engines.

+1

If it's a hobby or personal site, or a very well-known brand, or for ads or complex interactions (required ones, not non-essential stuff like page-turning animations) Flash is cool, but having an entire site in Flash is a complete no-no.

Also, that template is confusing - when you go into treatments the various elements are underlined, but they're not linked....another complete no-no - underlined text on the web = "this is DEFINITELY a link".

Advertisement