Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Esatbt broadband issues

Options
  • 04-06-2008 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

Anyone else in cork haveing serious speed issues? im getting a max of around 200kbps on a 3 meg line ;/ does anyone know when they are planning to upgrade the churchfield exchange as im hopeing this is due to them doing work for the up comeing upgrade.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

bizmark wrote: »
    Anyone else in cork haveing serious speed issues? im getting a max of around 200kbps on a 3 meg line ;/ does anyone know when they are planning to upgrade the churchfield exchange as im hopeing this is due to them doing work for the up comeing upgrade.

I think everyone that has had a problem with their DSL in the last two months has immediately thought about the impending upgrade as the cause of their problem :). There should be no reason why your speed should be reduced because of an upgrade. Post up your line stats, it would help people give you better advice as to the cause of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Line Mode G.DMT Line State Show Time
    Latency Type Interleave Line Up Time 00:12:23:31
    Line Coding Trellis On Line Up Count 1

Statistics Downstream Upstream
    Line Rate 3072 Kbps 384 Kbps
    Noise Margin 18.3 dB 16.0 dB
    Line Attenuation 37.0 dB 21.0 dB
    Output Power 19.1 dBm 1.5 dBm
    K (number of bytes in DMT frame) 97 13
    R (number of check bytes in RS code word) 0 0
    S (RS code word size in DMT frame) 1 1
    D (interleaver depth) 1 1
    Super Frames 2624114 2624112
    Super Frame Errors 16 54
    RS Words 0 0
    RS Correctable Errors 0 0
    RS Uncorrectable Errors 0 0
    HEC Errors 6 0
    OCD Errors 0 0
    LCD Errors 0 0
    ES Errors 0 0

this what yoru looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

In Kildare, with esatBT

Speed has bein all over the place over the last 2 weeks. Today when came home around 7 was downloading at the normal 328kB solid for about an hour but then the speed dropped off and now its up and down between 20kB and 80kB. Sucks.

Your line seems ok and is connected at what it should be, try running a speedtest at http://www.speedtest.net/ and post up the results. Would also be an idea to check your usage at http://broadband.iol.ie/usage/ . If you get a decent speed test it could have been the case that you had been throttled.
    At the moment you are not throttled because you are connected at the full speed but it might be the case that they have just recently lifted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Yes, I'm also on a 3 meg line and my connection, while normally very stable, has been between 300 and 400kbs for the past two days. I'm on a different exchange but it could be the upgrade or something.

• Advertisement

Your line seems ok and is connected at what it should be, try running a speedtest at http://www.speedtest.net/ and post up the results. Would also be an idea to check your usage at http://broadband.iol.ie/usage/ . If you get a decent speed test it could have been the case that you had been throttled.
    At the moment you are not throttled because you are connected at the full speed but it might be the case that they have just recently lifted it.

700 kbps down 315 up 50ms ping (its getting better) normal my line is nice and stable at around 2.8 meg down

download wise i have downloaded 2.7 gig and uploaded 0.11 i did not go over my limit either last month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Dog slow here in Trim for the last few days on a 3 meg line. Unusable at times. I rang support today. Wow!! That was some experience. Complete and utter tool, smartass thought he knew what he was talking about. I call again tomorrow when I have calmed down.

Valentia wrote: »
    Dog slow here in Trim for the last few days on a 3 meg line. Unusable at times. I rang support today. Wow!! That was some experience. Complete and utter tool, smartass thought he knew what he was talking about. I call again tomorrow when I have calmed down.

what did he say? i couldnt even get one of the bastards to pick up the phone :rolleyes:

what did he say? i couldnt even get one of the bastards to pick up the phone :rolleyes:

The usual rubbish. Contention, I said it can't be 24/7 contention on a 24:1 ratio. He said it could. I asked him to get the line checked. He said he couldn't. I said that there was noise on the line. He said that I said there wasn't. True, I said. I was giving him a reason to contact Eircom. Ah! He couldn't do that . I'd have to report it is a voice fault. And on and on and on. I told him I was paying BT not Eircom. He eventually hung up. Hadn't got the bollox's name though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

I'm on the Churchfield exchange as well and on 3 Meg and its been crap for the last few days at least. I'm getting between 300 to 1.2 megs on a line i usually get 2.3 down on. Strangely i just got this.
    I've never gotten less than 300 up before :confused:279986994.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Make sure to start the conversation with

"This conversation is being recorded for customer service quality enforcement issues"

See how that grabs them when they realise they have already given their name (which will be unintelligible anyway) to you at the start! ;)

Something weird happening here this morning..............

280150877.png

280152655.png

280153084.png

What does it say your connected at on your router Valentia?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I'm also on BT 2mb line last week I had greate speeds better then ever before but the last 3 days it has been all over the place. Irish IPspeedtest said that my QOS was around 25% while a few days previos it was 100%.

What does it say your connected at on your router Valentia?

The usual 3072 was the reading. Back to crappy normal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

I'm on BT's 3 meg package here in Sligo and my download speed has been very poor in the last two days. Currently download speed is 483 kbps.

ya i had normal speeds over night but dureing the day and even now its back down to 700kbps down 300 up really wouldnt care if its for a upgrade as i guess Valentia speed tests would indicate but they could at lest release some info on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I noticed these issues here in Waterford as well. Started sometime last week, coincidently about the same time I put through the transfer order to Digiweb.

I was downloading a programme, and my download speed was averaging between 50KB/sec and 80KB/sec.. I checked my IP address at the time.. 78.16.x.y
    When I powercycled the modem, it reconnected with a different IP 193.95.x.y and my speeds were back to normal ~350KBytes/sec

I chalked it down to routing issues with the 78.16 subnet. I had issues before with that address range before.. when I got it, and I was unable to access the internet.

Though in recent days the speed has been up and down like a hookers knickers. 50-80KB/sec some hours.. and 350kB/sec other hours.

This, is just the latest.. BT (and its in their T&Cs too) deliberatly reset your connection every 30seconds if its idle.. and every 24hours under the guise of "quality assurance". Digiweb do not do this, so I am just waiting for the transfer to go through, which should hopefully be Thursday next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Henry O'Henry

Anyone notice an improvement lately, I'm just wondering if there is any hope as I seem to have caught the disease in the last week

281439435.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

I reset my router and all ok now again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

rhonin wrote: »
    I reset my router and all ok now again.
    I was told to do that myself today on my 3MB connection, worked for a few minutes then it just went back to under 1MB :confused:

What is going on, is it the upgrades or another issue ?

Advertisement