Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Just got my new Komplett build and can't get sound working

Options
  • 04-06-2008 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

I got my new ninja build from Komplett delivered today, and I can't get the sound working.

I've got this Asus motherboard, which comes with a "Supreme FX" branded audio card supplied.

Looking at the case, the sound card looks like it's been installed, but the Control Panel and dxdiag tells me that no audio device is detected. It helpfully suggests that if I received the PC from a manufacturer and the audio card is installed, I should install the supplied drivers.

So I stick in Asus's support CD and select the option to install all the drivers but there's no mention of any audio drivers. Digging manually through the CD I find an Audio Driver folder, but it won't let me install the drivers from here, and the same when trying to get the drivers off the net.

Anyone have any experience with this particular motherboard / sound card problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

sh1t, forget about the sound problem - I've got a much more serious issue now. The Pc won't boot at all. I was configuring bits and pieces, changing display settings, installing antivirus, that sort of thing, and I had to reboot for three or four things to take effect. Now it won't load windows- it gets so far, displays a black screen with a mouse cursor, and then just restarts itself and repeats the cycle over and over! Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

reset your bios with on onboard switch ,it will probably turn on your sound as well.

I reinstalled Vista and it boots up ok now. The only thing I can think of that caused the Windows problem was it's meant to be one of Komplett's SLI configured machines, with two nVidia cards. When I went into the nVidia control panel I saw that SLI mode wasn't ticked, so I enabled that. I got some brief message a Windows process (can't remember the name) no longer running, and then I had to reboot and that's when the problem started. Since I reinstalled Vista I haven't had a chance yet to see if the SLI thing is set up right. Anyone know what the possible issue is here?

Also, still no sound working, and doing a search on the net reveals some other people with the same board and same problem. Think I'll just install my Audigy card instead. Anyone tell me which slot on the motherboard that would need to go in? :)

Turns out the no sound problem was caused by Komplett installing the sound card in the wrong slot! When you couple this with the fact that the PC was shipped without an AC power cable, I'm not that impressed. Had to remove the PSU and one of the gfx cards in order to get the sound card out and into the correct slot. For shame, Komplett, for shame.

Advertisement