Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reggae Reggae Sause?

Options
  • 04-06-2008 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

What does it taste like and where can i get it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

What does it taste like and where can i get it??
    Tastes a bit like Bob Marleys wee wee but better. You can get it on all good retail outlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Mate of mine had once but Ive not seen it since...then again I haven't been shopping in about a month.

Really nice stuff though, savage spicy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 hannah-banana

aren't you funny you a funny piggy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 PeadarH

They have it in the 'Fresh',supermarket, Grand Canal Square (Dublin) anyway. I bought some there the other day.
    There's a couple of other branches around Dublin, but I don't know if they all carry the same stock.
    Very nice - perhaps a little sweet for my taste, but a nice kick from the old Scotch Bonnet pepper.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,317 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Heard the guy who makes it on the radio today. He said it's now available in Dunnes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

He was the jamaican guy that was on Dragons den,wasnt he?
    I lol'd when he thought that some supermarket wanted 1.2million litres of his sauce(it was infact 1,400litres or something MUCH less than 1.2million)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

fatal wrote: »
    He was the jamaican guy that was on Dragons den,wasnt he?
    I lol'd when he thought that some supermarket wanted 1.2million litres of his sauce(it was infact 1,400litres or something MUCH less than 1.2million)

It was actually repeated on BBC3 or some of those the other night, think it was 2.5million litres, but in fact it was 2,500Kilos or something along those lines!

But he was a really charming nice guy, and I think for once the dragons fell for that! In fairness he had been making the sauce in his kitchen for 14years so i think he was just delighted to get the chance to make it professionally!

One thing i really feel lets down the product is the packaging. I can see the Jamaican colors and everything is nice, but the text is really bad and cheap looking. To be honest i wouldn't have ever bought it only for I remembered it from the TV show!(Sorry thats my professional design geeky brain talking!)

But on topic, the sauce is bit spicey and sweet, but its nice, whack a bit of it in a beef stir fry the odd time, its grand!Didnt realise they sold it in Ireland.

levi_roots_reggae_reggae_sauce.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

You can get it in Morton's supermarket just up from the Beechwood Luas stop. I saw it there just last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Tastes like a mix between BBQ and Jerk Sauce, tasty stuff. A bit too runny for dipping though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hmm.. Didn't realize this was a Dragons Den sauce...
    Been enjoying it as a BBQ dipping sauce..
    Nice..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I got it in Superquinn in Lucan a few weeks ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Zaph wrote: »
    He said it's now available in Dunnes.
    Yep, saw it in cournelscourt.

loads of clips of him on youtube. even has a music video for the song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdjxMMdWucY&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Sorry for bumping an old thread, thought it better then starting a new one

Has anyone tried this? Is this worth buying and is it better as a dip or for stir-frys

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Dunnes have it on special offer at the moment (or at least they did last week). It reminds me of a spicy HP sauce. Nice with sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭branners69

I had it for the first time tonight, I got it in Dunnes.

It was delicious, poured it over chicken stir-fry in wraps! To me it was like brown sauce with a bit of a kick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I saw it in Aldi's last week for €1.49, but they have it in Dunnes and I got it in a Spar somewhere.

Advertisement