Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Improvingest, Decliningest?

• 04-06-2008 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭

The title is pretty self-explanatory ;).

In you're opinion, whose record will improve the most, whose will decline the most?

Most Improved: Raiders

Most declined: Titans

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Improve: Dolphins
    Decline: Pats

Can't see a repeat of last season for either of those sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Improvingest Rams

Decliningest Steelers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Improvingest: Rams/Eagles

Decliningest: Giants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

davyjose wrote: »
    Improve: Dolphins
    Decline: Pats

Can't see a repeat of last season for either of those sides.

Pats will be as good as last year, maybe not 16-0 but no less than 13-3. Aided also by an "easy" schedule.

Losing Stallworth on offense is no biggie, I think Chad Jackson will step up and Brady/Moss/Welker partnership will have an extra year of familiarity.

On the defense side, DL is the same, LBs greatly improved with Mayo, Crable and Hobson, Dbs losing Ashante was big but there is much greater competition back there than last year and we’ve also got Dom Capers as DB coach, DB will be better than last year.

Obviously being a Pats fan i'm slightly biased

Hazys wrote: »
    [Obviously being a Pats fan i'm slightly biased
    I figured that out by the time i saw your "quoted" "easy", lol. It is an easy scedule :D;).
    You're right though, I thought about this afterwards - they won't decline that much in ability and will win 13/14 regular season games easily. But I suppose they reached so high last season with the 16-0 that they will inevitably decline somewhat, but they could very well win the SB.

So I take back what I said. Most decliningest will be Green Bay I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

New York Jets

New York Giants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Improvingest: Raiders

Decliningest: Patriot scum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Improved: 49ers

Declined: Packers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Most improved: Packers

Worserer: Seahawks

Slow coach wrote: »
    Most improved: Packers

Worserer: Seahawks

Packers fan?

• Advertisement

Packers fan?

Relevance? Packers are going to be improved through every phase. Even if Aaron Rodgers is the second coming of Ryan Leaf, I don't see the Packers going worse than 11-5. If he's as good as people originally thought he was (recall, he was supposed to be the best QB in his draft class), then the Packers could sweep the board. As I said before, people laughed at my prediction of 13-3 this time last year, so laugh away again. We'll check back in February...

Relevance?
    None whatsoever, just a coincidence I was right so. ;)

I just think bettering last season, without Favre, is a very tall order. You're talking about one of the greatest QB's of all time. It also begs the question, if you, or the Packers, think they can go all the way with Rodgers, then why wasn't he starting last season?

It also begs the question, if you, or the Packers, think they can go all the way with Rodgers, then why wasn't he starting last season?

How close did they come with the incumbent?

By the way, I have no say in team selection for the Packers. :rolleyes:

By the way, I have no say in team selection for the Packers. :rolleyes:

I'm just asking a Packers fan if he honestly believes Rodgers can do what Favre couldn't.

I'm just asking a Packers fan if he honestly believes Rodgers can do what Favre couldn't.

Do you honestly think the loss of Favre is going to adversely affect the defence or special teams. Their receiving corps will be even better; if Grant gets his deal, their running game will be even better; their O-line will be just as good (all barring injuries, of course), if not better. Unless Rodgers is a complete klutz then the Pack should be at least as good as last year.

Favre was the greatest, but you're giving him far too much credit for their 14 wins last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Slow_coach you showed me up last year but honestly percentage wise, they can't be most improved, they were so good last year that a team like Miami who wins two games outperforms them

jdivision wrote: »
    Slow_coach you showed me up last year but honestly percentage wise, they can't be most improved, they were so good last year that a team like Miami who wins two games outperforms them

That's true. But if Miami won one extra game this year and Green Bay won 2 or more extra, which team would really be more improved?

For the record, if the Packers go 19-0 this year, they'll still not be the most improved team. That'll most likely be some 5-11 or 6-10 team which jumps to 11-5 or 12-4.

Do you honestly think the loss of Favre is going to adversely affect the defence or special teams.
    Of course not, I never tried to say that. But I think it will adversely affect the offense.
    Favre was the greatest, but you're giving him far too much credit for their 14 wins last year.
    I'm not giving him that much credit at all. I just don't think the Packers will be the most improved team in the NFL. If the Packers go 13-3 and win a playoff game with Rodgers, I would consider that to be mind-blowingly impressive TBH. But I can't see it. Not next season.

Edit: By the way, I'm not trying to hammer your opinion here, I was just curious (surprised) at your choice. I would have thought this would have been (even for the staunchest GB fan) a 'wait-and-see' season for Green Bay.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Improvingest - Atlanta

Decliningest - New York Giants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Do you honestly think the loss of Favre is going to adversely affect the defence or special teams. Their receiving corps will be even better; if Grant gets his deal, their running game will be even better; their O-line will be just as good (all barring injuries, of course), if not better. Unless Rodgers is a complete klutz then the Pack should be at least as good as last year.

I think you are underestimating the contribution of Brett Favre. Things like the leadership qualities in addition to his heart and never say die attitude. The amount of games he won with just sheer will by throwing a winner when all looked lost.
    You also have to remember that he makes the O-line look better than it might be with his quick release style. And there are a couple of old guys in that O-line.
    I think there is a lot of unanswered questions in Green Bay. I don't see them coming close to last year.

• Advertisement

Not sure if Packers will be 'improvingest', but can see Rodgers doing well. He has the ability, and he has surely learned a thing or two from training with the greatest. It won't be the same, but I am confident he can do a good job.

Advertisement