Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sportline wires go where?

Options
  • 04-06-2008 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Ok this is for all you sportline owners out there. Ok we have all put the battery in. Which means that we all are familiar with the wiring? Write? WRONG! I'm a f***ing idiot. I opened up my gun that went fine until I tried to close it and the hideously long wires got in the way.So I look at my friend and he sees the glint in my eye. 5 minutes later he has the wires cut and resoldered. Fine. WRONG AGAIN! Back to the battery compartment, there are two wires that lead from the conector to this see through plastic tube. The red one goes into it but the black one got pulled out and now I don't know where it goes. Can anyone help me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

The red one goes into the tube as you say, and from there onto the power connector.
    The black one just goes straight to the power connector.

If thats the direction you are talking about of course :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

How to you connect it properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Not sure if you can see it in this pic, but I only have a camera phone so...

dsc00199ke7.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

the plastic tube is your fuse, the red wire goes into and out of this, on to the trigger contacts, on to the motor, then black wire goes back to the battery, red out to the fuse...

I think thats what you are asking.

How do you connect it I have tried just pushing it in but it doesn't work

• Advertisement

I figured out that the black wire goes into the o ring that holds the fore grip but I can't get the to metal things to touch any tips is it just brute force or do you have to solder anything?

Sorry if that doesn't make sense I'm not really up to date with my termanology

Hmm you shouldn't.

How did you end up in this situation?

Did you just disassemble it?

Nothing broken or lost like?

I was GOING to take it apart when I decided I would do it another day. But when I tried to close it I couldn't (on account of the wires being too long) So I tried to solder them but when I had that done I realised that this other one had come out. To be honest I don't know how I did it.

Well just get the wires to do their job I suppose, re-wire it.

Get a circuit with the battery, fuse, trigger contacts, motor then back to the battery.

Sounds very confusing, if needs be get someone with an m4 to have a look at it.

I suppose who says wires have to be a certain. As long as their do their job safely

• Advertisement

It goes, red from battery, into fuse, into trigger contacts, into motor.
    Black from motor back to battery.

The motor terminals should be colour coded.

Advertisement