Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Father son relationship in the Truman Show

Options
  • 04-06-2008 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I've got all the topics covered for the comparative apart from this just going over it to be safe, I know my other one well but can't find my notes on the Truman Show, anyone got any points or a site would be a great help, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

i dont think the will be looking for that kind of detail in the comparative im doing truman too and oir teacher NEVER talked about that....what are the other texts you are doing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

god damn, I wish i was doing your leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lol5605

The other text is Philadelphia here I come, using the relationship between SB and Gar, and Truman and Christof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

are you doing literary genre??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

They're never going to tell you to talk about a specific theme, it would be madness, so unless that's the one you've been planning for the last 2 years, avoid it like it's got the plague.

Otherwise, off the top of my head (I'm doing Power/Control for the Truman Show)... Christof sees Truman like his own son (clearly does, he even pets him like, and the bit at the end saying how he's watched all his steps etc., and living vicariously through Truman mean he's a big part of his life...), and you could talk about Truman's "actual" dad as well, and the part that plays in the film (increasing his paranoia, the reason for his fear of the sea, and putting him back in for great emotional response, further reasserting just how much power they have over truman's life, oh dear, going into my own theme).

im doing the theme of identity for my comparative...the same theme for paper 1:D

Advertisement