Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your supervisor like?

Options
  • 04-06-2008 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi all,

just woundering what your supervision is like?
    mine seems lovely, and is doing everything accurate!

but i heard someone else say theirs kept opening the door and chatting to the person outside!
    so like it was possible to chat!

also, any special requirments people in their own somewhere?
    there's a girl pregnant in my school and she's on her own!

i wouldn't like that i think !

thoughts / views... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Ours is an auld fella, sound enough, wouldn't harm a fly from the looks of him...

The one at the other end of the hall however...Only one word to describe her, starts with a "b" ends with a "h" and has "itc" in the middle!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

I'm in the same room as i was for the junior cert, and have the same supervisor! I'm taking those as good omens. Our guy gave out all our papers at twenty five past, we sat their for the five minutes waiting. It was all too organised :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

Fuascailt wrote: »
    I'm in the same room as i was for the junior cert, and have the same supervisor! I'm taking those as good omens. Our guy gave out all our papers at twenty five past, we sat their for the five minutes waiting. It was all too organised :)

omg,
    come to think of it, i think i have the same supervisior too from jc!!
    :eek:

wouldn't it just be too much of an effort to cheat though, realistically?
    like the paper is structured so you have about 5mins left at the end,
    and if you leave the room, you're just taking extra time off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Our guy said a prayer with us before the exam, and kept going on about how great the change in timetable was and how we should all just relax. Very nice.

Snapped at me a bit tho. He was handing out the papers, so naturally, I'm very eager to begin, and start reading the comprehensions...

"I DON'T REMEMBER TELLING YOU TO OPEN THE PAPERS!!!"

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

Diarmsquid wrote: »
    Our guy said a prayer with us before the exam, and kept going on about how great the change in timetable was and how we should all just relax. Very nice.

Snapped at me a bit tho. He was handing out the papers, so naturally, I'm very eager to begin, and start reading the comprehensions...

"I DON'T REMEMBER TELLING YOU TO OPEN THE PAPERS!!!"

:o

aww,
    how cute, he prayed!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

my supervisor seems nice...but anytime i look up at her she is looking at me, not in a sexual way or anything it just makes me look mischevious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Mine is a f**cking wagon. she's like a miserable hag. I think she's Máire's mum from An Triail :pac:

On a less humorous note she wouldn't stop talking and so we didn't start english til 9.37. AND the fool didn't even make up for the lost time. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

i-cheat wrote: »
    my supervisor seems nice...but anytime i look up at her she is looking at me, not in a sexual way or anything it just makes me look mischevious

Maybe she saw your boards.ie account name :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

I've the same fella I had for the JC, he's sound. Doesn't go stamping any exams when we go to the toilet or nothin'.

Dr.Millah wrote: »
    Maybe she saw your boards.ie account name :p

:eek:o crap shez on to me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 stuba9

Our guy was sound out!Kept telling us good luck and whatever!Looked very suspiciously at us tho!

Gave us an extra 10 mins at the end aswell!He started to give out to a friend of mine tho cause he just got up and went to the toilet!

Theres a guy in my class was in a room on his own with a scribe cause his writing is so bad :p

A friend of mine doing the junior cert got seriously ill Sunday went in this morning into a special centre with his mom allowed in!She left and he got sick so he left :(

i know its stingy but hahaha i would love if someone just threw up on their paper in the middle of an exam it would be gas

Ours are very tight.

It's to the second with them, their both (two supervisors for the whole year in one room) looking up at the clock watching the second hand.. "stop writing" on the dot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

i-cheat wrote: »
    i know its stingy but hahaha i would love if someone just threw up on their paper in the middle of an exam it would be gas

Yeah, out of nowhere you hear a horrible wretch and splashing sound, followed by their cries of humiliation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

worst supervisor I've had, and I'm repeating ..... lol

Started handing out the papers at 9.37 , then moved us all around a couple of times.
    We weren't even told to leave our bags or pencil-cases outside.. which I was pretty sure was regulation..

It was obvious that he had never supervised an exam before...either that or he's just crap:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Imallin9989

My one is pretty sound.. Gave me a whole 5 mins extra, she ended up having to literaly rip the paper from me!! was funny:pac:... but she is all old and granny like.. it nice:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

Love mine he's really nice, same guy we had for Junior Cert, he gave us cookies on our final day and everything!

But He's dead sound anyway, theres another one in the hall but shes a bitch, but shes supervising down the back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

I Love When Mine Says 'Exam Centre Whatever Stop Writing' 'Exam Centre Whatever You May Leave'

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Marcus-Aurelius

would u believe that my examiner is my teacher from last year-my english teacher at that! am repeating and walked in yday and he said to me are u lost!!!:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Our superviser looks like a goblin.She gives out the papers at 9.25 and leaves us write for an extra 5 or 10 mins.Unfortuantely the guy supervising on the other side of the hall came up to her today when we were still writing 5 mins after the exam ended and told her to collect the papers.So, I presume that our free time might end.

It was kinda funny when half the hall were being told when they were allowed to open their papers and when to stop writing and ours doesnt care.She sits there reading a book

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ours is a young one, what is with Hdip teachers these days and first timers? My god, they like sticking to the rules. We aren't allowed into our centre til 9.15. I mean what's the buzz like? I'm repeating and I know for a fact that's is not a regulation!

Otherwise, she's pretty okay. She gives us the paper at 9.25 and lets us get started. Those five minutes are so precious from what I learned today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭NervyChick

Lads you wouldnt believe my examiner.. :mad:
    He is unreal!!! He stands at the back of the room and them walks up and down through the rows of tables and stands at the front and what do ye think he does...?????????????
    He has his hands in his pockets and he jingles the coins and lets them drop out of his hand back into his pocket and its REALLY distracting.. I have had three exmas so far and he has disturbed me in all of them.. I am considering leaving a note on his desk to ask hi nicely to stop :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

NervyChick wrote: »
    Lads you wouldnt believe my examiner.. :mad:
    He is unreal!!! He stands at the back of the room and them walks up and down through the rows of tables and stands at the front and what do ye think he does...?????????????
    He has his hands in his pockets and he jingles the coins and lets them drop out of his hand back into his pocket and its REALLY distracting.. I have had three exmas so far and he has disturbed me in all of them.. I am considering leaving a note on his desk to ask hi nicely to stop :eek:

Are you sure he's,only jingling his coins icon10.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 plug-in-baby

our examiner is super nice :D we get an extra 5 mins at the start of each exam and got a few mins extra at end today for ppl who needed ! hes not strict at all compared to the rest i have heard about in our school we can keep our bags and stuff in the room once they at top unlike the others , leaves the room occasionally too to talk to the girls outside the door:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Fuascailt wrote: »

Today we got our papers at tweny five past ... and were allowed to start!

titan18 wrote: »
    Are you sure he's,only jingling his coins icon10.gif

I f***ing hope thats all hes doing :pac:
    Ah no he seems like a really nice man but id love to break his face he annoys me so much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭oleary91

Our one is strict!and she is young as well so u wouldnt think she would be strict..We are not aloud into the room till like 9.15:mad:really annoying..When we go in she shouts out ''No mobile phones,No bags,No electrical devices,No notes''lol...Then before test starts she goes I have to remind ye of the rules then she goes and points at the sheet and reads them out

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

omg our supervisor is a total legend....

....today came in at like 20 past..."suppose your all hoping for mahon yeah???"

....totally true cos....thats da only poet most of us did...

..."yea well ur in luck hes on it". ..... "WWOOOOO...session in dereks (mahon) house!!! hahaha KLASS!!!:D:cool:

JamieK wrote: »
    omg our supervisor is a total legend....

....today came in at like 20 past..."suppose your all hoping for mahon yeah???"

....totally true cos....thats da only poet most of us did...

..."yea well ur in luck hes on it". ..... "WWOOOOO...session in dereks (mahon) house!!! hahaha KLASS!!!:D:cool:

Sounds like a pure ledge! Id love an examiner like that, relax ye a bit :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

Our guy is a complete asshole!!!!

We aren't allowed talk once we enter the exam hall or else he's going to write it on our paper........EVEN THOUGH WE HAVEN'T BEEN GIVEN THE QUESTION PAPER

He told us no-one should have to go to the toilet and he writes it on our paper if we do...

Exam finishes on the dot and he writes on our paper if we keep writing

He told us today he was going to keep everyone back to clean the room because someone left the back of the honours sticker on the floor yesterday...

Aaaaaaaaaaghhhhh what an asshole

Advertisement