Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your supervisor like?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daggy

I have the nicest fella EVER!

Get this:

In english today, i stopped to some up for air. Hand was crapping etc so i was flexing my hand.
    My desk in centimeters away from his desk, i am square right in front of him.
    He saw me rubbing my arm and came up and offered me his pen! So sweet! He said my pen was " a killer of a pen" and that i ought to take his pen since it was much "softer".. and so i did! And jesus the difference was shocking. Made some dif on my Mahon spiel.

Lovely guy!

He has been robbing sweets from us too..
    And cracking jokes with me, just pure lovely!

The first morning he spent it trying to chill us all out, words of wisdom .. blah blah blah.

Couldn't get a nicer guy . Bless. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭La0Fruitcake

The one i have at my station is pretty sound!!! Down furthe there is another and he is a dose!!! He started going on about some rubbish saying not to write on our exam papers??!!! Our supervisor looked at us and rolled his eyes!!!! Some craic....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Last year I pelted our supervisor with a paper airplane...he didn't do anything...sound enough. I wasn't aiming for him, it was the History exam, and I was finished, so I was bored, and made the airplane and aimed it at this ginger in my class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

Ours lets us start early plus every morning he tells us to relax and wishes us good luck. He's lovely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

aimed it at this ginger in my class.

harsh.....but fair:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 LowEndFreq

our chap is real sound too... gave loads of us a couple extra minutes to finish off english 2, enough time to scan through a couple essays for spelling mistakes... sound out.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭La0Fruitcake

and did he not throw it back?:pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

and started measuring the room with his feet during h.ec yesterday had to cover my face i was pissing myself laughing!

Our chap did that in the Junior Cert, it was gas. It's still the same goddamn amount of steps since yesterday!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

JamieK wrote: »
    omg our supervisor is a total legend....

....today came in at like 20 past..."suppose your all hoping for mahon yeah???"

....totally true cos....thats da only poet most of us did...

..."yea well ur in luck hes on it". ..... "WWOOOOO...session in dereks (mahon) house!!! hahaha KLASS!!!:D:cool:

Lol Ledge..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

The Woman Makes So Much Noise Stirring Her Tea!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I Have some dopey aul one, who always starts our exams 5 mins after everyone else becaseu she's so slow!
    But she's lovely though, she always lets you out and if you feel sick she'll get you water and everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Bambi16

Falls asleep during it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

How many supervisors fall asleep during the exam? That's mad! I'm definitely applying to do it next year, catch up on my sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

My guy spent today laughing at me, i used about ten extra sheets in maths. Asked for the first one at 10.20, he wrote 11 on it because "no one would believe you needed extra paper at that time", but i freaked out, thought i'd been reading my watch wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dmccaff

Our supervisor knows every single one of our names.... all 24 of us in the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

the other supervisor in our room keeps shouting 'one hour left. No more toilets!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mike-gunners

laura* wrote: »
    Hi all,

just woundering what your supervision is like?
    mine seems lovely, and is doing everything accurate!

but i heard someone else say theirs kept opening the door and chatting to the person outside!
    so like it was possible to chat!

also, any special requirments people in their own somewhere?
    there's a girl pregnant in my school and she's on her own!

i wouldn't like that i think !

thoughts / views... :)
    my supervisor is a legend.we chat all the time, even during the exams.Great Fella!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Kathy_x_x

Our examiner is soooooooo nice

He allowed alot of the girls stay in an extra 15 minutes to finish up their maths!!

Hope he does the same for History.. that would save my life!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Petie_Pie

Our examiner doesnt hand out the paper til dead on time... n calls "pens down" about 2/3 mins before it is actually over...
    I would have loved a few extra minutes in english...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Our examiner seemed a bit uptight on the first day. A person who was doing a scribe for one of the LCs came into the room and asked for an ordinary paper, and he turned around to her and goes please was the word you were looking for!! She, a person I never really liked took complete offense, and he started to ask her to treat him like an adult. We were in stitches, since we had her for supervision and we didn't really like her.

Haven't seen her again, she goes down to a different room now for the paper!!!

Yesterday, he brought in a mini kettle into the exam, and about half way through he started boiling it, then stopped it for five minutes and boiled it again. We all thought he was off his head a bit. But today, he was really nice, he has this habit of looking at we are writing, and he helped two of the ordinary level students. He started talking to me during geography about what questions we do - lovely bloke really, just has a few annoying habits like chewing and crunching the hard foxes sweets!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Ours is really nice but he didn't cop the huge diagram of the water cycle up on the wall during geography!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Nato!

Our one it not quite on the ball as she dosent get the exams out on time then forgets she was dealyed when she ends the exam on the dot.

Also she is very bad at whispering

All said she is pretty sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭melboix

There's three supervisors as we're all in the hall, my guy's sound. He seems to be in charge of our school quite often, he was there last year too (I did attending). He's lovely though, really funny too. After handing out all the pass maths papers (only like...3 of our 'group' were doing honours) he called us all cowards :P

One of the supervisor's a right such-and-such though...she makes insane amounts of noise just doing nothing. She turned around to me before Geography after I'd been reassuring a friend that it'd be grand and said something like 'No, it's going to be a very difficult exam!'. I dunno how serious she was, she walked away when I started laughing...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭littlneutralone

Ours is this oul lad, he's grand, wishes us luck before every exam. He's a bit slow and always starts handing out the papers at the other side of the room so they get a considerable extra start, and he makes some hell of an amount of noise chewing his biscuits, but who doesn't. He attaches our graphs for us, and on the first day he sealed everyone's scripts personally..in case we didn't catch on how to do it. He was nice about me stealing his log tables too.

He seems pretty popular, all the oul fellas from the other exam rooms are always stopping in for a gossip.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Does everyone else find the ritual of coffee or tea and biscuits for the supervisors absolute torture? In English yesterday morning the smell of coffee drifted all over the room. i want to grab the mug from his hands and down it, such is my caffeine addiction! And then he got a lovely iced bun!

All I had was a bottle of water:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 awaitingdrummer

Mine tried to stop me puttin my short questions into my answer bag!! i was like! no no no its 20 percent of my leaving!! and he was like ah rite den, go ahead. ledge gave us 15 mins extra at the start of eng pp1 but doesnt let any toilets in de last hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

lizt wrote: »
    Does everyone else find the ritual of coffee or tea and biscuits for the supervisors absolute torture? In English yesterday morning the smell of coffee drifted all over the room. i want to grab the mug from his hands and down it, such is my caffeine addiction! And then he got a lovely iced bun!

All I had was a bottle of water:(

But supervising is so boring! The coffee is the highlight of the exam.

Today I was brought lemonade in a wine glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Ours is adorable, she keeps starting to drift off to sleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 RA253195370HK

Ours is annoying, she never stops going to the door to talk to the girl outside and doesnt even whisper when shes talking to her. Always complaining if people are even a minute or two late as well.

Shes sound enough though, not overly strict or anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

Diarmsquid wrote: »
    Our guy said a prayer with us before the exam, and kept going on about how great the change in timetable was and how we should all just relax. Very nice.

Snapped at me a bit tho. He was handing out the papers, so naturally, I'm very eager to begin, and start reading the comprehensions...

"I DON'T REMEMBER TELLING YOU TO OPEN THE PAPERS!!!"

:o

Hey Diarmsquid, saw this post in The Times today

Advertisement