Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat lost by Airline - On tarmac at Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

That's great. What about a cross-link on the Golf forum on Boards.ie (Sports/Golf)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

BTW here are contact details for the newsdesks at the Gazette (not sure what their Fingal version is called) and at the Northside People:

http://www.gazettegroup.com/contact.htm
    news@gazettegroup.com

http://www.dublinpeople.com/component/option,com_contact/catid,12/Itemid,62/
    news@dublinpeople.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shanec112

thanks guys, shane is still in dublin and gonna be on this radio thing tomorrow morning.
    god if only tigs was found. its 2 weeks today. my poor kitty. i get so desperate at times, just so difficult not to think about him 24/7.
    i just googeled lost cats by airlines and you know this has happened before in many places, it is so scary and i wish everyone would know and never ever put their pet on a plane, you can trust no one.
    when we get him back i dont know how to get him over here, i consider driving. not in a million years will i give him in the care of strangers again.
    i would even move back to ireland eventough i was dyeing to go back to germany, its so hard not to be able to do anything at all to get him back and this can never be my home until tigs is back with us.
    pregnancy hormones probably dont help. good night and thanks for all your thoughts and help x mara

Where are you, shanec112? Switzerland?

I am in Dublin till saturday am and then back monday am from switzerland. And the same for the next months.

Why ?

• Advertisement

this sounds confusing, we live in germany, right at the border to switzerland, so we fly from and to switzerland but live in germany. mara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

oh my goodness im so shocked to hear what has happend. you are in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope tigger is found sooner rather then later.

please keep us informed as to the situation.

tigger is so close and by the sounds of things he will be found. dont lose hope! :)

Why... just wondering if any boardsie pet-lover might be going that way.

But I suppose at this stage you want to bring Tigger yourself.

Was Shane on Pat Kenny? Was the DAA asked what happened?

I was called but never got on the air :mad:

Hmm. Are they going to talk about pets again?

If not, definitely try Liveline - it's probably the most listened-to programme on the airwaves.

You might also try Herald AM and Metro (the first run by the Indo, the second by the Mail); if you send them the two cute pictures of Tigger and the baby and Tigger going for a walk, and a brief version of the story, something like:

"Tigger the tabby cat was flying out to join his emigrant family (John and Ann Smith and their baby Joe) in Germany when his cage somehow got opened, and he went on the run at Dublin Airport. Two weeks of frantic searching, including the work of professional pet detectives, have failed to track down Tigger, and baby (Joe) is heartbroken. He was last seen at St Margaret's Golf Club near the airport. If you see Tigger, can you tell xxx?"

They'll probably want to write their own story, but no harm in feeding them the story and photos so they can stick them in if they've a hole in the paper. Names in brackets and xxx-s, obviously, to be replaced by the correct ones.

• Advertisement

robert found tigger!

this afternoon in an empty house near the golf club, his dog showed him the way to the house, he was searching 8 hours and another 1 1/2 in the house until tigger came out to him.
    he brought him to the vet, he is ok, has got a temperature but not starved or anything. he is in shock tough and has to be kept strictly indoors. shane is returning to our half empty apartement in blackrock with tigs and spend the weekend with him.

try to update u later. i am officialy the happiest person in the world and have no words to thank robert. mara x

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

WOW! Let me be the first to congratulate you! ... and give a big hug to Tigger too :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That's great news. Glad there has been a happy ending.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

That is EXCELLENT NEWS!!!! im so happy for all of you!!!!

Congratulations!!! Thank god he is safe and sound now. The angels were certainly working hard for you. :D

Im honestly delighted! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Aaah - this is brilliant!:)

Mara, so, so glad! When's the party! Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!

Now I hope the DAA is going to pay Robert's fees?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭light123

Congrats on Tigger being found, Robert is brilliant. He did a great job.

Now, after all this, what will you do about bring him over to you?

Will insurance cover the cost of Roberts jobs? Sorry I'm back to business here
    but we have 3 cats and reading your story really made us nervous
    about the whole idea.
    We were thinking of moving them with us to Germany, not for a while but probably in a year or two...

Could you keep us informed about how you bring him over and the costs involved.

After all this I feel like it might even be easier hiring a Caravan and do it the long way...but thinking of the miaousss and grrrs Id rather not...

thanks & best of luck!

Julian

Maybe Mara and Julian could share driving and bring all their cats over together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

That's absolutely made my day.

That's the best news I've heard in ages.

Have followed this story from the start.

Am so happy for you all.

Fair play to Robert and his doggy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Great news, what a relief. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Excellent news :D you must be thrilled :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

shanec112 wrote: »
    robert found tigger!

this afternoon in an empty house near the golf club, his dog showed him the way to the house, he was searching 8 hours and another 1 1/2 in the house until tigger came out to him.
    he brought him to the vet, he is ok, has got a temperature but not starved or anything. he is in shock tough and has to be kept strictly indoors. shane is returning to our half empty apartement in blackrock with tigs and spend the weekend with him.

try to update u later. i am officialy the happiest person in the world and have no words to thank robert. mara x

yeays!

light123 wrote: »
    Sorry I'm back to business here
    but we have 3 cats and reading your story really made us nervous
    about the whole idea. We were thinking of moving them with us to Germany, not for a while but probably in a year or two...
    We moved our cat (also coincidentally named Tigger!) from southern Holland to Ireland with us in the car a few years back. It wasn't a big problem, although we had the advantage of my wife's brother living in Kent, so we could break the journey there and give the cat a bit of a break. We got some sedatives from the vet to keep him nice and subdued, and also stopped en-route from Kent to Holyhead once or twice and let him out on a lead and harness which was a laugh! The looks we got while leading a cat on a lead around a pub beer garden were priceless :) So it is doable with a bit of planning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

\o/

expect tigger to lord this over you for a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your daughter will be sooooo happy to see her little Tigs again!!!! AND Germany are winning the match at the moment, happy days for you at the moment!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Pollydoodles

Hi there,

The weather can't be helping at the moment as cats hate the rain and when "on the lamb" tend to find a dry spot to stick it out and only venture out when they are really hungry, maybe this could be a good thing, if he is holed-up he might respond to being called! anyway he is in my prayers at the moment. Keep us up-to-date there are now loads of people who are aware of your storey and wish you well in your search.

hey guys,

thank you! you are so nice!

was just on the phone to shane, robert brought tigger to the apartement and tigger got out of the cage and had a sniff around, he seemed to remember the place and shane was allowed to pet him and hold him. robert feed him at his house before and tigger drank his beloved kitty milk in the apartement. now he gets cuddeles from shane and seems to enjoy it. shane will take him to our vet in blackrock in the morning to get his temperature checked again and get some advice on how to handle the next few days, we'll still be in contact with robert though.

now i have no idea how to get tigger over here. shane will phone swiss air in the morning and have a chat about taking tigs on the plane with him which would be our favorite solution, if this is allowed i think they owe it to us for all we had to go through. but i dont know wether any airlines allow to take cat on the plane in a little cage with you. anybody know that?

if they wont let us do that i dont know, consider driving? people told me it takes about 3 days to get from dublin to loerrach, can i really do this to my cat?

for the moment i am just happy and want to wait till tomorrow until i worry again about what to do. tig is safe with shane so thats the most important thing for tonight:)

robert is just so great. dont know what to say. he made us so happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Well done to Robert & Shane for getting her back, I hope he is well sorted for his efforts by the DAA or who ever was left in charge transporting Tigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Pollydoodles

Hi there,

Sorry had'nt read the Great News when I sent last message. I am so over the moon for you I am all choaked-up and sheding a few tears while writing this. I am sure you are all very relieved to have him back safe and sound. Fair play to all the people who got on board and helped you in your search, it restores my faith in human kindness! Anyway I wish you all the best and hope you both have a safe journey home. Maybe when you have all settled you might post a photo of the "Little Rogue" as there are loads of people who followed your storey. Take Care.

• Advertisement

shanec112 wrote: »
    if they wont let us do that i dont know, consider driving? people told me it takes about 3 days to get from dublin to loerrach, can i really do this to my cat?
    With the two crossings, you'll be travelling for the best part of 12 hours to get to Calais, I'd imagine, assuming you can get the connections. The Channel Tunnel might be the best since you can just pay and go (although you'll pay for it!) and they go around the clock. Then from Calais you're probably looking at 7 or 8 hours to get to that part of Germany, depending on your route. That's with no breaks at all, which isn't really practical.

As I said, we did the journey from southern Holland to Dublin (via the Channel Tunnel and the Stena HSS) with our own Tigger (RIP) a few years back, and even with one stop half way, it's not something I'd really recommend.

Advertisement