Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat lost by Airline - On tarmac at Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Great stuff.

Well done Robert and Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Great news, well done to Robert!

I'm so happy for you and also thank you so much for posting this thread, my cat will be relocated in a couple of months and I planned to fly her, but I'll research my options extra carefully now that I learned a lot from reading about your experience!

YAY!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

If you're going to drive, you might consider routing your journey so you can put Tigger into a cattery overnight each night while you stay in a hotel.

I don't know which airlines might let you bring Tigger on the plane in a cage with you, but if you ask on the aviation forum here, they're probably the best people to tell you - or to tell you how to find out.

Surely it's the very least the airline and airport authorities could do for you after this shocking example of neglect.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

That is Brilliant news .I am so happy for you all .

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

shanec112 wrote: »
    hey guys,

thank you! you are so nice!

was just on the phone to shane, robert brought tigger to the apartement and tigger got out of the cage and had a sniff around, he seemed to remember the place and shane was allowed to pet him and hold him. robert feed him at his house before and tigger drank his beloved kitty milk in the apartement. now he gets cuddeles from shane and seems to enjoy it. shane will take him to our vet in blackrock in the morning to get his temperature checked again and get some advice on how to handle the next few days, we'll still be in contact with robert though.

now i have no idea how to get tigger over here. shane will phone swiss air in the morning and have a chat about taking tigs on the plane with him which would be our favorite solution, if this is allowed i think they owe it to us for all we had to go through. but i dont know wether any airlines allow to take cat on the plane in a little cage with you. anybody know that?

if they wont let us do that i dont know, consider driving? people told me it takes about 3 days to get from dublin to loerrach, can i really do this to my cat?

for the moment i am just happy and want to wait till tomorrow until i worry again about what to do. tig is safe with shane so thats the most important thing for tonight:)

robert is just so great. dont know what to say. he made us so happy.

I am so delighted your cat is found have been reading this everyday with fingers crossed well done everyone

Dont know if this helps but my dog got sent to Sweden in a tiny dog carrier in the cabin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chiron

\o/ I have been keeping a close eye on this story and am delighted that you got your little fella back.

Brilliant news :D

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Ah, I'm thrilled for you!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

I'm absolutely delighted that you got Tigger back and even more happy that he is so well after being on his own for two weeks. He must be a tough little nut.
    Anyway just wanted to say how relieved I am and glad that your family can be reunited again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Todoquetengo

Like most people I've been following this thread from the start, so delighted you found him and best of luck transporting him this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Just came across this thread, I'm delighted for you both, Congrats!!
    Being an animal lover myself I don't know what I would do if my dog ever went missing. Also nice to see everyone is so kind and helpful on this forum. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Have been following this thread and am delighted for you all. Super news, just super.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I'm so chuffed to hear that your cat has been found! Congratulations!

http://www.flysas.com/en/ie/Travel_info/Special_needs/Pets/Pet_in_cabin/

My mate was looking on importing a small dog from Sweden, and it seemed that most of the airline carriers had a rule that from flights orginating or landing in UK / Ireland, pets had to be kept as cargo. But if you find out otherwise please inform us, as from this story, I don't know if I'd want to risk it!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ValleyoftheDoll

I've been following this thread, I'm so happy that you found him, thats fantastic:D

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

SO HAPPY for you all.
    Only found this thread today and was so relieved to get to the end and read the happy news. I've seven cats and would be devastated if something like that happened to any of them. If I ever leave this country I'm thinking the caravan option would be the only way for me. Thank the stars there's someone like Robert to help clean up other people's messes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Chitterchatter

SO glad to hear you got your kitty back!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jhart

that pet detective is unreal ive heard other great reviews on him

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

I'm absolutely delighted you got tigger back congratulations :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Congrats - only seen now but have been following story

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

had been following the story from the beginning and just remembered to check on tigger now!

such great news to read he is found alive and well...ye must be so relieved...well done to the dog detective and to ye all..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

YAHOO I am delighted for ye to have tigger back.. well done, that kitty is in for some real pampering:):):):):) ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

This is really fantastic news. I am delighted for you and your family !!!
    Enjoy ! :=)

ValerieR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

YAY!!! Enjoy him! Great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

definitely the story of a dodgy tom hanks movie in there somwhere! get on to the movie execs!!!

congrats, thats fantastic, so happy for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeeeehawww ..... delighted that Tiger was found!
    Now I think that Shane and Mara deserve medals for being the best pet owners a Tiger could have!! You guys are to be commended!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

YAY! :D

I have been on holidays for the last 2 weeks and kept an eye out for Tigger when around the airport area. I am SOOOOO happy you guys found him! I can imagine how horrible it all was!

Post us a pic of the brave survivor when you can!

Aren't cats so clever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I had been following this story and am so delighted to read the good news. Brilliant!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

post us a pic of the wanderer!
    delighted it all worked out,
    nothing as bad as that empty feeling in the pit of your stomach that he isnt coming back,so happy for you though:D:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

awesome...ive been following this too . congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Great news!

Good luck in getting him over to you, perhaps An Post would be more trustworthy ;)

How is he doing?, did he loose a lot of condition

Advertisement