Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Paramore:Greatest Rock band ever.....Discuss!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

malice_ wrote: »
    I wouldn't insult Shirley Manson by calling her ginger.

Wouldn't really call the singer of Paramore ginger either, but people seem to be doing it anyway...

Awesome--large-msg-118490924996.jpg

I would agree that there's a big difference between ginger and redhead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Wouldn't really call the singer of Paramore ginger either, but people seem to be doing it anyway...

I would agree that there's a big difference between ginger and redhead.
    Fair point, now for the obligatory South Park reference that I'm surprised no one has posted yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Wow just shows you how out of tune I am with "the Kids". I only heard about Paramore 2 weeks ago when I was visiting my cousins and she mentioned she was going to their gig.

I only saw/heard the band today after checking them out on youtube because of this thread. They seem like a less extreame version of Flyleaf ( can't beleive I just used the words "flyleaf" and "extreame" in the same sentence :p.)

After hearing them all I can say is "the kids" can keep their music, I am not one bit sorry that I am not in tune with their ways ( man I feel sooooooo old now ) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Yeah I was talking bout Garbage and I suppose Ginger is a bit strong. They are daywalkers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Tbh though, the singer from Paramore is hot. I'd suck her cock. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

Bands with poppy elements tend to get pretty bad responses around here.

URRRGGGHHH. METAAAAAL. URRRRGGGGHHHH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

if the op is older than 12, they are a troll, only children take paramore seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

I love paramore and they're probly one of my favourite bands and AMAZING live but I wouldnt just put them up as one of the greatest bands..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Mark wayne wrote: »
    I never said they were the best band in the world

That's exactly what you said. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Pfft, come on TelePaul, just because they're the Greatest Rock band ever doesn't mean they're the best band in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Kavinsky

Mark wayne wrote: »
    This in my opion is one of the greatest bands ever.

Wow.. If you think Paramore are the "Greatest rock band ever" I can't wait to see your reaction when you listen to U2, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Zeppelin, Sonic Youth, Guns n' Roses, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

Maybe the person who started the thread was taking the p1ss- but lets make one thing clear here: They have only released one album and they're all quite young, so who knows? Maybe in the future they will be a great band.

ZakAttak wrote: »
    Maybe in the future they will be a great band.
    I'd say it's a safe bet that if you resurrect this discussion thread in 5 years time Paramore won't be thought of as a great band :).

malice_ wrote: »
    I'd say it's a safe bet that if you resurrect this discussion thread in 5 years time Paramore won't be thought of as a great band :).

==>Maybe that will happen, but you can't be certain about it.

Look at Def Leppard, they've released tonnes of albums and they're all sh1te- in terms of crimes against music Paramore are just petty criminals compared to the likes of Def Leppard and Bon Jovi-who should be dragged out and shot.

ZakAttak wrote: »
    Maybe the person who started the thread was taking the p1ss- but lets make one thing clear here: They have only released one album and they're all quite young, so who knows? Maybe in the future they will be a great band.

Two albums, One EP duder, but your point is still very valid.
    if the op is older than 12, they are a troll, only children take paramore seriously.

Lots of people over the age of 12 like Paramore, you silly billy.

Jack Vegas wrote: »
    Two albums, One EP duder, but your point is still very valid.

==>Yeah, fair enough- I admit my paramore knowledge isn't quite up to scratch, still though, I think people are being a bit harsh on them.

I have no problem with someone expressing their opinion on a band, but implying that people that like that band have an immature music taste is elitist nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 somewhatxdazed

I like paramore and all, but they are no where NEAR my favourites, let alone being "the greatest rock band ever".

lyrics are kinda silly and too far on the pop-y side to be considered among the best rock bands.

that said, they are still pretty good. fun to dance too and the likes. i just hope this thread is a piss-take.

I like paramore and all, but they are no where NEAR my favourites, let alone being "the greatest rock band ever".

lyrics are kinda silly and too far on the pop-y side to be considered among the best rock bands.

that said, they are still pretty good. fun to dance too and the likes. i just hope this thread is a piss-take.
    Considering the OP's other posts I think we can be pretty confident that it was a piss-take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

I like Paramore .. but i wouldnt exactly classify them as rock! They should definitely be in the pop category .. they get played on Mid West radio ffs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

smurfy89 wrote: »
    I like Paramore .. but i wouldnt exactly classify them as rock! They should definitely be in the pop category .. they get played on Mid West radio ffs!!

Mid West radio has some good taste!.. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Got myself a copy of the album to see what all the fuss is about and I had a massive LOL after the first listen.

There are absolutely zero standout tracks and in general it's just more contemporary pop crap that will be passed off as rock.

Some seriously good palm muting though! :pac:

(Oh and she's not hot. 'Rocker chicks' like that are two a penny these days)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

There's a bang of troll in here as well as the Alternative and Indie forum.

I like paramore, they're good live also but, greatest rock band ever? They barely make it to being indie or alternative, very popish indeed.

OP is definitely very young. At least they're not listening to garbage like DJ cammy etc :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭el_tiddlero

Xavi6 wrote: »

(Oh and she's not hot. 'Rocker chicks' like that are two a penny these days)

point me in the direction of your bountiful hot rock chick wisdom Oh wondrous Xavi....

point me in the direction of your bountiful hot rock chick wisdom Oh wondrous Xavi....

I see your location is Dublin. Take a walk through the city any day of the week and you'll see 10 or 20 girls who look like that. Her look is hardly unique these days. She's decent and nothing more, though her music is a big turn off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭el_tiddlero

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Take a walk through the city any day of the week and you'll see 10 or 20 girls who look like that. Her look is hardly unique these days.

i'd argue that the girls who look like that have modelled themselves on Ms Williams and Ms Lavigne.. much like when we were all 14 we had greasy long hair and stripey jumpers cos every girl in the world thought Kurt Cobain was the sexiest man alive..

come on now, her music is hardly a turn-off. What's wrong with a young band playing sugary pop-punk with a positive message. I'd much rather that then some bland 35-year-old english blokes singing songs about how life has crushed them. Paramore are part of a larger movement that sees the fun and postivity being brought back to rock and roll.. music is supposed to be fun and uplifting right?

i'd argue that the girls who look like that have modelled themselves on Ms Williams and Ms Lavigne.. much like when we were all 14 we had greasy long hair and stripey jumpers cos every girl in the world thought Kurt Cobain was the sexiest man alive..

Apparently Ms Williams does not like the comparisons to Ms Lavigne. She thinks she's different. Lol :rolleyes:
    come on now, her music is hardly a turn-off. What's wrong with a young band playing sugary pop-punk with a positive message. I'd much rather that then some bland 35-year-old english blokes singing songs about how life has crushed them. Paramore are part of a larger movement that sees the fun and postivity being brought back to rock and roll.. music is supposed to be fun and uplifting right?

'Sugary pop-punk' is something I now, being 23, find a turn off. If I was 15 again then yeah I might listen to the odd bit (like I did with New Found Glory et al at the time) but I feel I'm just a small bit over that 'fad'.

I certainly wouldn't be describing Paramore as being some sort of rock and roll savours. Sure they aren't even close to being rock and roll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

It was worth reading this thread, just for that Shirley Manson pic :pac:

Oh and Paramore suck imo. Bland, unoriginal generic emo crap. Hayley wotshername is good-looking but nothing spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

OK clearly Paramore aren't the greatest band EVER - maybe the greatest band of the recent emo movement, but that's not saying much.
    Have to say they're very good live, and I think Hayley Williams is a total lash, but come on - I'm sure at least 6 or 7 people who've posted on this thread could go out today, find 3 mates and start a perfectly serviceable rock band with catchy tunes and power chords galore...but could they compare to the actual musical genius as bands such as Dream Theater? Or be as unique as In Flames or System of a Down? Very, very unlikely. Until they can separate themselves from the crowd, and the guitarist gets a few more lessons and stops relying on studio overdubs, Paramore will remain a brainless but pleasurable emo group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Kavinsky wrote: »
    Wow.. If you think Paramore are the "Greatest rock band ever" I can't wait to see your reaction when you listen to U2, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Zeppelin, Sonic Youth, Guns n' Roses, etc.

I honestly can't believe you're putting U2 in there with the likes of the stones and zeppo, come on now..... Give the kid a chance!! At least point him in the right direction!

OP get yourself Some Deep Purple, some Iron Maiden and some Rage Against the Machine followed by some Black Sabbath and then listen to your Paramore albums.... You'll soon learn :)

Advertisement