Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Paramore:Greatest Rock band ever.....Discuss!!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

Paramore are a good band. Defo wouldn't really class them as rock, they just don't stand up to scrutiny! Went to their gig in RDS, bland tbh, she's good looking and so is the bass player but they were very rehearsed and detached. As for not knowing Waynes World - words couldn't express what these guys can - :rolleyes::eek:

No music snobbery please - if you take Paramore at their face value, i.e. a slightly emo wannabe alternative pop rock band, they're actually quite good.

But they're no Queen. Please!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

best band ever? this is a joke right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

there are some **** bands discussed on here, thats for sure. someone will be saying 30seconds from mars are the 2nd best band on the planet soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

there are some **** bands discussed on here, thats for sure. someone will be saying 30seconds from mars are the 2nd best band on the planet soon.
    oh but they are!!:eek::rolleyes:

excuse while i vomit...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Hot lead singer is their only redeeming feature, apart from that they're ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 randy lug

i can't stand paramore they could actually be the worse band in the world. i hate how everyone keeps saying the singer is hot. there is much hotter female lead singers in bands out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

dee8839 wrote: »
    No music snobbery please - if you take Paramore at their face value, i.e. a slightly emo wannabe alternative pop rock band, they're actually quite good.

!

i would have said power pop

and yes haley williams is hot as fook, i love me them redheads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 star-girlxx

newblue08 wrote: »
    Paramore are possibly the worst band to ever be heard. They're right up there with My Chemical Romance and Fallout Boy. Drivel.

Ohmigod you are off your head Im not comparing my current favourite bands ( MCR Fallout Boy) to legends like Queen Thin Lizzy and Guns n Roses but they are NOT drivel MCR are one of the best current bands around

Anyway I think Paramore are really good but not the best EVER
    I love Thats what you get- brilliant song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 star-girlxx

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    OK clearly Paramore aren't the greatest band EVER - maybe the greatest band of the recent emo movement, but that's not saying much.
    Have to say they're very good live, and I think Hayley Williams is a total lash, but come on - I'm sure at least 6 or 7 people who've posted on this thread could go out today, find 3 mates and start a perfectly serviceable rock band with catchy tunes and power chords galore...but could they compare to the actual musical genius as bands such as Dream Theater? Or be as unique as In Flames or System of a Down? Very, very unlikely. Until they can separate themselves from the crowd, and the guitarist gets a few more lessons and stops relying on studio overdubs, Paramore will remain a brainless but pleasurable emo group.

Im into emo music as i said but i dont see paramore as emo i dont no why i think comparing Paramore to gr8 emo bands like MCR is like comparing McFly to U2!!
    Oh and System of a down rock btw:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Oh and System of a down rock btw:cool:

qft - pulled out Toxicity again the other day for the first time in a long time, and I forgot how good that album is. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ohmigod you are off your head Im not comparing my current favourite bands ( MCR Fallout Boy) to legends like Queen Thin Lizzy and Guns n Roses but they are NOT drivel MCR are one of the best current bands around

Anyway I think Paramore are really good but not the best EVER
    I love Thats what you get- brilliant song

Lol I can't take anything you say seriously after that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol I can't take anything you say seriously after that.

agreed. I like Paramore but i wouldnt really call them emo either more like pop punk. MCR are prob one of the worst bands going at the moment. thank god i heard they wont release music for ages:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 randy lug

all their songs sound the exact same and they all suck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

starflake wrote: »
    I honestly can't believe you're putting U2 in there with the likes of the stones and zeppo, come on now..... Give the kid a chance!! At least point him in the right direction!

Boy, October and War are being re-released, give them a listen. Joshua Tree is undeniably one of the great albums. Under a Blood Red Sky is also required listening.

With all the ultra pop star hatred Bono's reaping, people are forgetting that U2 really did produce some absolutely incredible music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Pewpewfiah

old thread yes, their not the GREATEST but i feel their one of the best out there at the moment, at least their not fricking xfactor crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Wow... A LOT of closed-mindedness going on here... Why would anyone bother discussing something if they're just gonna have their heads bitten off for stating an opinion? Come on.

I'm not a Paramore fan, but who's to say they won't turn around and write some of the greatest music ever? The Flaming Lips went from rubbish neaderthal rock to veritable symphonies within a decade, Radiohead went from Pablo Honey to OK Computer in four years. It can be done, and they're still a very young band!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Seraphicblue

successful_troll.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Gotta say that Paramore in my opinion are good on a superficial level but really they are quite bad, to compare them to queen etc is crazy!!

As soon as they stop getting by on their image, which is their major selling point, they're gonna crash and burn...my opinion anyway...no vendetta against paramore fans...i even went to see them when they came :D

(a scary experience...i went in bald, baggy jeans and a metallica top, came out with eye liner, side fringe and skinnies lol...)

but yeah...

Summary: paramore suck lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Radiohead went from Pablo Honey to OK Computer in four years.

Wow hold up a second, that was progression? That's going downhill if you ask me!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I haven't read most of this and I probably won't come back to see replies to my comment,

but did someone honestly compare them to Queen? That's a complete sham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

hahahaha

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Greatest rockband ever?!?

Troll much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

At yet 6 pages have come of it......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Moderator close this thread.......it's a sick joke.....

Slayer would eat Paramore when they are on a diet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Moderator close this thread.......it's a sick joke.....

Absolutely not. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and to post about any band as long as it's on topic. I'm not going to start locking threads just because you don't like it, you can always ignore it, or actually discuss it.

Sure, Paramore aren't great, and I'd feel sorry for anyone who's of the opinion that they are the best rock band ever, because that means they're missing out on an incredible amount of music that's far, far better like Rush or Floyd and so on. But at no point am I locking threads like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

ok...your the boss..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I sorta like them? Its easy listening when your not in the mood to care what your listening and tbh you would so do Hayley :P So yeah in no way the "greatest rock band ever" but decent in the sense its catchy and listenable and hey is that what music is supposed to be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I enjoy playing their tunes on GHWT or RB2, but um... thats about it. ;)

Advertisement