Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a rear wheel, quick

Options
  • 04-06-2008 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

After being let down by chain reaction.. once again.. I now have no rear wheel for the wicklow 200. Any recomendations of somewhere in town(Dublin) that I could pick up a cheap wheel tomorrow (less than €100). Having checked cycleways and cycle superstores websites they seem to only sell high end stuff.

Alternatively if anybody has a wheel for sale.. let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

I have an old old old spare wheel but the block on it is only 6 speed so doubt it'd be much use ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I can lend you a rear with a 10sp or 9sp block if you take care of it and return it 100% after.

EDIT: The wheels I have in mind are grand, solid, entry-level wheels, you are unlikely to destroy them on the W200 ;-) But if you do! Be prepared to pay a cheap wheel price for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Cheers for the offers, managed to pick up a cheap(crap) one at lunch time today... then I check my mail when I get home and see crc have dispatched my other one which should now arrive tomorrow.:rolleyes:

OK, good luck with that. What did you order out of interest? I got DT Swiss RR 1450s from CRC just the start of this week myself, only out on them once so far but they seem very nice, certainly lighter than the Aksiums they replaced (you could have chosen between that Aksium or a Bontrager Select in 10sp or an Open Pro/Tiagra in 9sp ;-). Was going up hills in at least one if not two lower gears although that could be psychological.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Nothing special, just a Shimano RS10(http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25888). Arrived today, should be better than my old bent bontrager one tho' :D

• Advertisement

They look like a decent wheel- good luck with the W200!

Advertisement