Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Life

• 04-06-2008 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    Have a question about an irish life policy. My parents gave me a letter and said they dont understand one of the things on it.
    The layout is

Date started 01/July/1984
    Lives covered xxxxxxxxxxx
    Life cover €xxxxx
    Quarterly payments €xx
    Total payments €xxxx
    Current protection value of your fund €xx

They are trying to figure out what 'current protection value of your fund' is. Anyone know? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Does it say 'protection' or 'projection'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Does it say 'protection' or 'projection'

Protection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

At a guess I'd say it is a with profits policy. This type of policy usually has a bonus added to it each year. Once the bonus amount has been declared and added the value of the fund can not drop. I'd imagine that is what they mean by 'protection value'

There should be a terminal bonus added when the policy reaches maturity and if the policy was taken out in 1984 it should be a fairly decent amount.
    Again I'm just taking an educated guess here - maybe get one of them to ring IL tomorrow. Or if that kind of thing is likely to confuse your parents, ring them yourself - you don't need specifics about their policy just the meaning of the term

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Thanks littlefriend. I will be giving them a call tomorrow. I just wanted some idea before I got on to them.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭port

AFAIK Irish life dont sell with profit policies.Your query possibly relates to a surrender value.

• Advertisement
Advertisement