Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping in the sunny south east......but where??

Options
  • 04-06-2008 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

Myself and about 5 other lads are planning a trip down to Wexford (from Cavan) for a few days. Basically it will weekend-long binge and we do not want to stay on a camp site for obvious reasons so we would like to find a discrete area (beach or forest perhaps) with your help. The ideal place would be in unknown enclosed sand dunes.

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated and don't worry, we're tidy people so there won't be a mess afterwards!

Regards,

Niall.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I don't know how discrete it'd be but if you can find the Raven Wood in curcloe (spelling is crap today :() it sounds like exactly what you're looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

oh yeh just what the locals want around curracloe...bunch of pissheads hiding in the woods. That place is SOOOO busy in the summer with walkers, tourists...etc that is not a place for illegal camping / getting hammered

as the thread is asking for something that isn;t strictly legal (camping suggestions where they aren;t officially allowed to) it should be locked.

get yourself an official campsite and enjoy it - Wexford is a great place to come to - it just doesn;t need people ruining places of natural beauty (intentional or otherwise- guess you would want a campfire ...etc....etc....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Can't see you being left anywhere for too long in Wexford. The wardens will hound you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Is this a Wexford topic or a question about camping in the whole of the South East?!

I dont know why but I always thought camping in the dunes was illegal..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Sully wrote: »
    Is this a Wexford topic or a question about camping in the whole of the South East?!

I dont know why but I always thought camping in the dunes was illegal..

Well the OP did mention Wexford in his post. Camping is frowned upon pretty much everywhere as far as I can see, even the official caravan and mobile home parks have stopped it. Too many p*ssheads causing trouble. No offence OP.

• Advertisement

Exactly my point - lock the thread please.

Pissheads camping illegally not welcome

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

snellers wrote: »
    Exactly my point - lock the thread please.

Pissheads camping illegally not welcome

In your opinion they are not welcome but maybe there are areas where they can camp. So, ill leave it open for someone else to contribute constructively. :)

I didn;t say pissheads not welcome - I said pissheads camping illegally in the woods/sand dunes in areas of natural beauty ruining it for others are not welcome.- get your facts straight before you take my comments and change them

yes there are areas they can camp but the thread is requesting areas they are not supposed to camp....if you read my first response I made it clear that they should go to an official camp - the fact they are after ideas for illegal places to get hammered in Wexford the thread should be locked.

If another new post asks for suggestions of campsites I have no issues - and would be happy to assist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

oh yeh just what the locals want around curracloe...bunch of pissheads hiding in the woods. That place is SOOOO busy in the summer with walkers, tourists...etc that is not a place for illegal camping / getting hammered

as the thread is asking for something that isn;t strictly legal (camping suggestions where they aren;t officially allowed to) it should be locked.

get yourself an official campsite and enjoy it - Wexford is a great place to come to - it just doesn;t need people ruining places of natural beauty (intentional or otherwise- guess you would want a campfire ...etc....etc....)

?? Camping is not illegal. Starting a fire without prior permission is.

camping in the sand dunes ok is it? camping in curracloe woods ok is it?

why have official campsites if you can camp wherever you like - these areas are protected I think you will find and do not allow camping- unless someone has other info ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Turbodreams

camping in the sand dunes ok is it? camping in curracloe woods ok is it?

you should probably learn to live a little! all of your waffle is irrelevant to the OP'S original question

I didn;t say pissheads not welcome - I said pissheads camping illegally in the woods/sand dunes in areas of natural beauty ruining it for others are not welcome.- get your facts straight before you take my comments and change them

yes there are areas they can camp but the thread is requesting areas they are not supposed to camp....if you read my first response I made it clear that they should go to an official camp - the fact they are after ideas for illegal places to get hammered in Wexford the thread should be locked.

If another new post asks for suggestions of campsites I have no issues - and would be happy to assist.

Relax a little, will you? The thread wont be closed on your order. You set the poster straight and said its illegal to camp in certain places, thats fine. Now, someone might be able to add to the conversation and state where its legal to camp. Therefore, its going to be left open.

Thank You for your time, comments and suggestions - now, others have the right to reply and point the OP in the right direction. :)

Right - am very, very tired from attending a very, very long economic forum and am not in the mood for this right now.

OP - I will presume that you are looking for nice and legal areas to camp in and will therefore keep the thread open for the moment. I presume also that all replies will be discussing nice and legal places to camp?

ok here you go no probs:

Camping Ireland website details in link -

http://www.camping-ireland.ie/wexford/wexford.html

Irishbeds.com links: http://www.irishbeds.com/wexford_cmp.html

If you require any further info just ask and will be happy to help if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Hey op, as an adopted son of wexford I can see the attraction of staying a couple of days down the sunny south east. Down here there is a lot of coast line where you would like to pitch a tent (and it's all good).
    Don't do it, it's more hassle than it's worth between locals and the ol' bill. It's a great place to walk and enjoy because there's rule's. If you and the lads are on the rip for a weekend stay in one of the camp site's , wexfords not a big county. Wexford, Enniscorty, Gorey, all have somecrackin pubs all would be no more than €20 euro in a taxi and there hapes of 8 seater taxi's.
    And when you wake up in the morning with a minging hangover there's always the shower's and cookers in the (offical) campsite.
    Sounds like a crackin weekend you'se have lined up.

Advertisement