Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software for small Businesses

Options
  • 04-06-2008 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Hi,

Myself and my father have recently set up a small Ltd company. He already employs one person and if the business gets off its feet, we could employ 3-5 people within a year. I am looking for advice on what Business Management software to use (e.g. Big Red Book, Sage etc.). I have a background in IT and my Father is a tradesman so we would be looking for something user friendly for non-accountants.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Would highly recommend Clarity system available from http://www.touchsystems.co.uk/ for quoting/business and production/operational management which feeds into Sage automatically, as well as emailing quotes etc from it.

It's a brilliant system.

I set up business in March 2007 with me+1, now have 6 staff and can't speak highly enough of clarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Culchie wrote: »
    Would highly recommend Clarity system available from http://www.touchsystems.co.uk/ for quoting/business and production/operational management which feeds into Sage automatically, as well as emailing quotes etc from it.

It's a brilliant system.

I set up business in March 2007 with me+1, now have 6 staff and can't speak highly enough of clarity.

Quick books isn't bad for people without an accounts background.... you can generate quotes fairly easy with it too, print them on plane paper and it looks pretty good.... although i don't think its capable of tracking inventory etc...

Quick books is also very cheap... there's a free version if you have less than 25 customers... i think the one user seat is about €75 / year.

Advertisement