Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body found in Briarfield?

Options
  • 04-06-2008 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

Heard bits of this while driving earlier. A polish man was found dead in a house in the Hawthorns in Briarfield. Not sure if it was murder or not. If it was, what the hell!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Now, I may be mistaken, but I vaguely recollect reading in some newspaper within the last couple of days about possibly the trial going on in connection with the murder of a Polish man in Briarfield that occurred last year. Maybe this was it? I'll have a look around for a linky. Certainly no reports of a recent murder on breaking news sections of Irish Times/Live 95fm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

I think bd may be right, I vaguely remember this myself and I think it has only come to trial recently.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I heard a little about that on the radio this morning. He was found not guilty. Seems the case was that he caused the deceased to fall down the stairs and sustain fatal injuries. Maybe it was just an accident?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Oh, seems I'm a victim of faulty hearing then. My bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

The trial happened recently alright, but the actual incident happened in April 07 apparently.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement