Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have the moderators on this forum ever actually surfed?

Options
  • 05-06-2008 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

And if so, how long have you been surfing for? Genuine question. I'm just curious, that's all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Yes, I have 2 - 3 years. I'm going to ask you now not to turn this into another maps debate please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

ReefBreak and people like him = the reason so many people hate surfers in Ireland.

And it is a valid reason imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

It doesn't matter how long they have or haven't surfed for.
    A much more important question is do they understand surfing.
    I think that's already been answered without getting into specifics or course.

Enough of the bickering, ReefBreak asked a question. I answered, lets see what his response is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

ReefBreak and people like him = the reason so many people hate surfers in Ireland.

And it is a valid reason imo
    Yeah, we're a real despised lot we are. Right up there with clampers, politicians and solicitors. Seriously though, I think it's a very fair question - I just wanted to be sure that the moderators were familiar with the sport. Regardless, 2-3 years is fair enough.

• Advertisement

Fair enough, you alright with me closing the topic to nip the arguments in the bud ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

No problem, but I genuinely doubt the argument will ever stop to be honest. However, it's the last that I personally will say on the issue.

ReefBreak wrote: »
    No problem, but I genuinely doubt the argument will ever stop to be honest. However, it's the last that I personally will say on the issue.

To be truthful I hope the argument dies off as well. Its run its course and I dont think its getting anyone anywhere, ether side or those on the fence.

Anyway. Thread Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement