Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying students in the exams..

Options
  • 05-06-2008 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Ok, no sooner had 10 minutes of paper 1 english started I hear someone sighing. Now, sighing is normal so I shrugged it off. But whoever it was, kept persisting and it grew louder and louder. I turned around and saw this girl who was sighing so blatantly loud! It was really annoying. She kept doing it for about 15 minutes meanwhile moaning and tutting and making unnecessary sound (zippers, pencils noise).

The guy in front of me was wearing a leather jacket and insisted of zipping and unzipping every bloody zip before finding his blue pen in his pencil case.

Then near the end, one of the girls started laughing/crying.

Sorry to be an ass, but these things are really annoying. Am I the only one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

It can happen yeah but in all fairness you can't expect pure silence. I would've been the type of person to get annoyed with things like that doing my leaving but what I find most disruptive is people who go to the toilet. I dunno about anyone else but it's not that hard not to have to pee during the exam.

If you have a problem alert your supervisor or if you're in the same exam station let the person in question know after the exam and kindly ask them not to keep it up

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

If someone's being consistently loud like that, you have every right to complain to your supervisor about them.. I would, I get really irritable with those kind of things too.

Alternatively, you can bring in ear plugs, you can get them for about a euro or something in pharmacies.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

Didn't find much of that going on today. Well, some of the typical students gave it a lash but they would never keep it up, that was just for the first minute.

But it can still be god damn annoying. We have 80 students in our gym and you're never gonna get silence. No student or person is to blame but how can this be the way? Do some people not have a major problem with that? I find it okay and get along with it grandy, but when I pause and listen I think it's kinda amazing. For JC we were split into a bunch of classrooms. Now we have all the LCers in the gym and the JCers in the study hall.

There's 3 or 4 supervisors like, and when they're walking around ****ing hear every step they take from everywhere.

Not something I'd have a problem with myself but it's a little crazy I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

Its so annoying in the hall im doing mine, for one the hall is ready to fall apart, the floor boards jus creak and rattle constantly, then you have the supervisor walking around on it making it worse.....
    The floorboards are all uneven so your table moves your chair shakes..tried levelin it out, but the minute someone moves it moves all the floor!!!
    ....................Its sooooooooo distracting!!
    And Im right up the front so you can just hear the clock go tic toc tic toc...!!

No person really is making noise tho, well actually they prob are you just cant hear them over the noise of banging desks, chairs and creaking floorboards!!

But other then that its OK!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Many moons ago when I did maths 1, The guy in front of me "whispered" every number as he was hitting it on his calculator.

That was, indeed, a major irritance...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

I wish we could just bring our ipods in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭betsymagoo

the best has to be when the attendants bring the supervisors their tea..... and for some reason they seem to stir it for ages...... like wat is the point........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

our guy brought his back out..wasnt happy with it...kept the biscuits gave the tea back and had to get a new one..i couldnt stop laughin at SDooms one

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The girl to the right of me keeps sighing...I have all the ridiculously intelligent/book smart people around me. They scare me ****less in the exam...they keep writing and writing and writing and writ....

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

I think it's really weird that you're all in gym's and hall's. We have individual classes, about 15 to a room and an examiner to each room.

• Advertisement

We have some in the new library, some in the home ec room and some in the geography room. Tis ridiculous, the fitted us all in the library for the mocks. There was a much better atmosphere and a bit more craic.

mars bar wrote: »
    We have some in the new library, some in the home ec room and some in the geography room. Tis ridiculous, the fitted us all in the library for the mocks. There was a much better atmosphere and a bit more craic.

Not really about the craic though :p
    I'm right beside a window, it's great...keeps me awake, I'm a terrible dozer!

The craic in between, helps ya settle a little. I haven't got used to the Home Ec room yet, I always had my exams in the library. It was my base room for the year(yeah a library for all five repeats!) so it would have been a nice familiar surrounding for the exams. The home ec room is really...eh, examiny!

mars bar wrote: »
    The craic in between, helps ya settle a little. I haven't got used to the Home Ec room yet, I always had my exams in the library. It was my base room for the year(yeah a library for all five repeats!) so it would have been a nice familiar surrounding for the exams. The home ec room is really...eh, examiny!

Examiny - adjective of the day :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Erica-smiley

betsymagoo wrote: »
    the best has to be when the attendants bring the supervisors their tea..... and for some reason they seem to stir it for ages...... like wat is the point........

The 4th year who brought the tea in was shaking like mad the noise of the tea cup was gas everyone just broke their sh*tes laughing!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

the girl beside me has a cigarette just before she comes in and then goes for another one about half 11,and she comes back in STINKING of smoke!:mad: now if she wants to breathe in toxins thats fine but i shouldnt have to put up with it!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

hahaha....my exam attendant gets the yellow club milk bars....he gets like THREE on a plate!!! actually itd be class if we all got tea and biscuits...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 bitterstudent

Yeah, you're always going to have the annoying ones, the ones that arrive 20 minutes late, leave 90 minutes early. Tut, Sigh, Swear. Fart, Belch, laugh. I just try and ignore it all and get on with my work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

There was a leak in our roof and yesterday a load of water came right down onto another guys work.It was hilarious.

Also somebody was making moaning noises today.We all couldnt stop laughing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

in every exam i have the 2 hottest teachers in our school walk past our room and it is such a distraction because im in a room where the wall is just glass ...i mean these women are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

betsymagoo wrote: »

Not only that but tis worse when they slurp the tea and drink it noisily!! and chomp the biscuits and breath noisily while doing so.....

anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I was the only one in my exam room today because no one else takes chemistry but my examiner is a bit of a spa and kept sighing really loudly and then looking at me and then to her watch, I was like, I'm not gonna leave any sooner woman?!

SDooM wrote: »
    Many moons ago when I did maths 1, The guy in front of me "whispered" every number as he was hitting it on his calculator.
    That was, indeed, a major irritance...

yelrotflmao.gif

I have to say though, I don't notice these things. Im far to wrapped up in my paper to even notice if my neighbour is sighing or not. I looked up yesterday like 5 minutes before home ec was over to discover only like 5 people including myself left. I just don't notice it. Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Coughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

BJC wrote: »
    I think it's really weird that you're all in gym's and hall's. We have individual classes, about 15 to a room and an examiner to each room.

Same here.. And none of the supervisors get tea/coffee or biscuits.. It's all really quiets and the only distraction is people going to the toilet the odd time.. Except sometimes the supervisor gets up and starts playing with the TV cabinet and staring at the red light on the DVD player :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Caoimhe89

For some reason today we just had tons of people going to the bathroom during paper 2. I mean, there's only about 25 people in the classroom and at least half of them went to the bathroom in the last hour. Drove me insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

what I find most disruptive is people who go to the toilet. I dunno about anyone else but it's not that hard not to have to pee during the exam.

Well I usually find myself having to take a whizz at least once in a 3 hour exam , just can't be helped . A friend of mine seems to be going twice every exam .

It's just different for different people but when you consider how long 3 hours actually is and that most people consume at least some water in that period and quite a few are nervous aswell , then it makes sense that people have to go to the toilet .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 kurenai

For my exams we're in the hall, which just got a new roof a couple of months ago. Not only does the roof creak and crack like it's about to collapse, but there are birds living in the girl's changing room beside the stage!! I think there's a nest by the amount of noise I heard during my exams from the past two days. Grr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

There's about 110 people in my year all in the sports hall, divided into 3 and the noise level has been quite good I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

We had ours in the P.E hall...it has a thin roof made on sheets of metal and plastic or something, and in the middle or the exam all these crows seemed to be fighting for food up there.... you could see them through the transparent bits and they made huge loud banging sounds.... Everyone was just staring at the ceiling...

Advertisement