Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying students in the exams..

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

Have to admit that I did laugh about the crow thing above ^^

Wish my exams cudda been that eventful, we merely got somebody who constantly sighs.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 drunknmunky_69

last year we had this really odd supervisor. There was a creaky floorboard beside my desk and he would stand on it everyday rocking back and forward and picking scabs on his arms.
    He used to cough really loud too like he was looking for attention and then one day for no apparent reason he threw a ball of paper across the room.
    A bit of an odd character..he even opened the biology exam a few mins earlier and started yelling enzymes around the hall.
    weird-o

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭glenn3ie

Its so annoying in the hall im doing mine, for one the hall is ready to fall apart, the floor boards jus creak and rattle constantly, then you have the supervisor walking around on it making it worse.....
    The floorboards are all uneven so your table moves your chair shakes..tried levelin it out, but the minute someone moves it moves all the floor!!!
    ....................Its sooooooooo distracting!!
    And Im right up the front so you can just hear the clock go tic toc tic toc...!!

No person really is making noise tho, well actually they prob are you just cant hear them over the noise of banging desks, chairs and creaking floorboards!!

But other then that its OK!!

Sounds delightful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Postman-Layla

During the mocks everybody had a cold or flu or something. Every 10 seconds someone would cough [myself included, towards the end] and it made me want to rip my face off. I can stand toilet breaks, people having little panic attacks, talking to their calculators, all of it. Give me anything but the constant cough....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Use ear-plugs. block everything out and you get used to them after a while. Best thing for concentration:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

in my junior our supervisor was a rite weirdo...

i remember she sat der clippin her nails and toenails...i nearly got sick:(

and d noise...euuggghhhh:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Calorimeterman

Our supervisor likes to unwrap and eat Crunchies noisily, but it's not the noise that bothers me, it's the fact that it wasn't friday!!!

And there were some motorcyclists playing games for a bit too outside, which broke my concentration a number of times...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

i sit next window n wen its open i can every1 who left early outside laughin n tlkin...so annoyin!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Ok, no sooner had 10 minutes of paper 1 english started I hear someone sighing. Now, sighing is normal so I shrugged it off. But whoever it was, kept persisting and it grew louder and louder. I turned around and saw this girl who was sighing so blatantly loud! It was really annoying. She kept doing it for about 15 minutes meanwhile moaning and tutting and making unnecessary sound (zippers, pencils noise).

The guy in front of me was wearing a leather jacket and insisted of zipping and unzipping every bloody zip before finding his blue pen in his pencil case.

Then near the end, one of the girls started laughing/crying.

Sorry to be an ass, but these things are really annoying. Am I the only one?

Grow up get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Bambi16

Middle of maths today, I could hear someone chewing their gum so so so loud!

I ****ING HATE IT!!

I kept glaring at her but I glared anymore at her and she noticed she would've decked me :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Does She Have A Name? :]

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Bambi16

There's two of em in our class...Initials LG

Ha she would've killed me if I told her to shut up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Fella in my class going through enough food in each exam to feed a small country, and not quietly either.

Rumbling tummy sounds can't be helped, we're all doing it....bar that particular gent, naturally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Bambi16 wrote: »
    There's two of em in our class...Initials LG

Ha she would've killed me if I told her to shut up

Wouldn't Like To Come Up Against Her In A Dark Alley Anyway. :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Daithi412

when my bestest friend finished 2nd english early, he attempted to lob his pencil case into the basketball hoop in the hall (he was quite happy with how he did, obviously)(he missed)

everybody "burst their holes" laughing, and the super nintendo got pissed and attempted to grab him by the ear.

quite the distraction :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

The Fire-Alarm went off in the middle of our Geography Exam today!!!
    ....It went on for about a minute and everybody just stayed in their seats looking around.....Our supervisor just made jokes about it!
    I presume someone leaving early set it off...:rolleyes:

I also cannot stand the fact that one of the supervisors in our room spent about 20mins stamping sheets of graph paper during each exam!! So annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 nyangnyang

I'm sure I've been annoying to sit beside,I've been farting all week,smelly ones as well:eek::D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Im doing my exams in a hall with a metal roof. So when it rains (quite often) it sounds like someone is firing off rounds from an AK-47 on the roof.

It happened during Geog today. Thought Ireland was under attack at first but no, just raing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

the clock stopped for half an hour during my chemistry exam --quite annoying messed up my timing a lot

someone keeps putting there head on the desk and shaking it right next to me really putting me off:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Our supervisor likes to unwrap and eat Crunchies noisily, but it's not the noise that bothers me, it's the fact that it wasn't friday!!!

hahahah I laughed a lot at that.

There's nothing really annoying in my exam centre. There's only about 20 of us. The supervisor seems to like walking around occasionally, which is fine except the room has wooden floors and she wears heels so it's really loud.

I find it funny when the attendant guy comes in with a tray with tea and biscuits on it, and the metal spoon is rattling on the plate every single time. The guy is obviously nervous about dropping or spilling it so he walks veeeeeeeery slowly and he's shaking, which adds to the rattling.

I also noticed how the supervisor dips her biscuits into her tea, which means she doesn't make noise when she's eating them.

I dislike when some people insist on not just writing quickly, but BANGING their pen onto the page at the start of every word, just to emphasise to the rest of us just how quickly they're writing.

No one has brought in food yet. I guess no one knows that they're allowed, since we never were allowed to eat in exams before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Riverperson

OMG! Our examiner is the complete pits. During our English paper 2 he started playing his f****ing MP3 player, right there in the middle of the exam!
    And when he's walking around he makes these weird noises like he's trying to cough up a furball or something!

AND he is a bloody stickler for time. When the hime is up he stand over you banging the desk until you stop writing!

And he is constantly complaining about the heat. I mean dear god he is just sitting on his giant behind drinking tea and eating biscuits!!!

*Rant rant rage*:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

The Fire-Alarm went off 3 TIMES in the middle of our Irish Exam today!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭PILOT

i was eating a mentos fruity sweet and then i swallowed it full. started a fit of coughin in irish p2...brought a tear 2 my eye but sure der was only 2 people left in d exam hall !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

There's a lad in my exam center who has the worst cough iv ever heard.

He makes this disgusting inhuman noises. Its barely a cough, its just like hes shouting. Its just this huge loud explosion and it echoes around the room. They can hear it all the way up the corridor, and im sitting one person away from him.

I was about to kill him in the Aural :mad:

Advertisement