Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help for interviews for Mature Student/Grad Dip in Primary Teaching

• 05-06-2008 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has been through the interview process for the Mature Student B.Ed course or Grad Dip in Education in Mary Immaculate in Limerick?

Is there any particular questions you can expect, or any tips for getting on well? I would expect questions on:

- Why do you want to be a teacher, why are you doing the course now, as opposed to earlier
    - Why do you think you will make a good teacher
    - Why do you think you will be able for the course
    - How was your experience in your current job/previous third level experience

Can anyone think of any other questions to expect? I've heard both courses are hard to get into so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

An Ghaeilge!!!!!! Are you prepared for the irish part of the interview???

As a mature student, you will bring life experience with you and will probably get on great at the interview - I presume you have had teaching experience or something similar so you know it is for you! Tar éis sin, bí réidh leis an Ghaeilge!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Buachaillin Bo

Hi
    wen i went thro da mature student interview for colásite mhuire, marino...i concentrated on trying to get teaching experience and why i wanted to be a teacher across to the interviewers...looking bak on it tho i think the interviewers wer looking at the sort of person i was and if my personality suited teaching.
    Good humour and genuineness will get ya a long way...
    go n-eirí leat
    BB

Advertisement