Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hargadons opening up again

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

That's great news about Hargadons. By the way how long was it closed to the public and what was it like inside (during it's hayday). Looking forward to going. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Michael Hargado

Greetings from Va. Beach, USA. My name is Michael Hargadon. I am in the US Navy, and through my travels have made 3 trips to Ireland. My family's history comes from Sligo and in 1996 I was fortunate enough to visit Hargadon Bros on a trip over. In searching the internet I have come across a few posts circa 2005 that indiacated the pub was closing. Is this true? Was the pub closed? I would hate if it happened, and I was unbale to obain a few things for remembarace. I know this is an "off topic" issue. But if there is anyone w/ information it would be greatly appreciated. I can me reached at <snip> thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

In searching the internet I have come across a few posts circa 2005 that indiacated the pub was closing. Is this true? Was the pub closed? I would hate if it happened, and I was unbale to obain a few things for remembarace.

Hi Michael, You're lucky, there was controversy about proposed developments and it did close for a while but it's open again... :)

See this search results for some threads .. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=4646381

By the way, you would be best advised not to post your email address in public (SPAM) , instead ask people to send you a private message PM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Greetings from Va. Beach, USA. My name is Michael Hargadon. I am in the US Navy, and through my travels have made 3 trips to Ireland. My family's history comes from Sligo and in 1996 I was fortunate enough to visit Hargadon Bros on a trip over. In searching the internet I have come across a few posts circa 2005 that indiacated the pub was closing. Is this true? Was the pub closed? I would hate if it happened, and I was unbale to obain a few things for remembarace. I know this is an "off topic" issue. But if there is anyone w/ information it would be greatly appreciated. I can me reached at <snip> thank you

Hi Michael,

Its open again as GG66 said and looks better than ever.
    They've managed to keep the interior looking original and it seems like a really nice place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Posts moved to the appropriate thread.

Michael you should find the information you asked for in this thread. Any questions you have about it can be asked in this thread. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

There was a little publicity about Hardagons which saved it from the wreckers ball,.the views around Lough Gill are destroyed by the "developments" at St Angelas. There was nothing about it in the paper, I went for a walk in slish wood one day and there it was out of the blue a Potola in pVC .

I have to agree about St. Angelas....its a national disgrace. I was showing some foreign friends around the lake one day and they said it was a disgrace it could be built ( to spoil the environment etc ) in 21st century Europe. I have not been in Hardagons since it re-opened...there used to be a handy car park at the back of it, now its a shopping centre. A car load of us ( with a sober driver ) may go back some day. It was a great pub years ago anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

I think st angelas is very pretty, ever noticed that the building mirror the shape of the hills behind it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

lol I take it you are joking. We are talking about those monstosities of student accomodation blocks which stand out like a sore thumb when viewd from the other side of the lake etc.....everything else is green and natural. I am sure its only a matter of time before a future generation will tear it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

I think st angelas is very pretty, ever noticed that the building mirror the shape of the hills behind it?

this obscenity mirrors nothing but bad taste!

where would we be without the improvements of planners
    on the ''flaws''of mother nature:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

Well I love the buildings .. only because I live there and get to look out at a gorgeous view every morning :D
    But they do ruin the view from everywhere else i suppose!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement