Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin city cycle 2008 and more...?

Options
  • 05-06-2008 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭

Any word yet on this happening? I cant find anything on the net. The brother who has asthma is trying to get back into cycling. Does anybody know of any other light events like this around that may suit him in the Dublin / Meath region.

Cheers. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Is this the cycle that starts at Docklands? Reports from last year weren't great.

You don't need to wait for an event to get into cycling - just get out there and do it.
    Cycling in the Phoenix Park is nice with a variety of flat roads and gentle hills (I know, I know about the pedestrians on the cycle tracks).

For my cycling training I have cycled from Carpenterstown (Dublin 15), to Leixlip, Maynooth and sometimes beyond. Road surfaces are varied but you can find nice quiet roads that are pleasant and quite flat. The Ordnance Survey 'Discovery' maps are great for showing all the minor (and minute) roads that generally have very little traffic.

Advertisement