Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child moving out of council property

Options
  • 05-06-2008 8:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi, whilst we are on the subject of single mothers and housing, can anyone tell me this works when the child or children come of age and either leave home or start working? I'm looking for an answer to give a teenage girl who is concerned that her future actions might affect her mum's security/home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

esmeralda wrote: »
    Hi, whilst we are on the subject of single mothers and housing, can anyone tell me this works when the child or children come of age and either leave home or start working? I'm looking for an answer to give a teenage girl who is concerned that her future actions might affect her mum's security/home.
    Generally councils don't withdraw a property that someone has been living in all along, unless in exceptional circumstances.

If rent allowance is being used, it might be decided tha the property exceeeds current needs.

You'll get a better answer from the housing department in the council.

Advertisement