Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car hit while parked-insurance question

Options
  • 05-06-2008 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hey all,

someone hit my car yesterday, it was parked outside my house while I was away at work. Cracked the rear bumper, looks like a truck/van with a towbar (quite high).
    I can live with it...but if I choose to report this to my insurance company, will my premium go up? I have comprehensive insurance, and no-claims protection. I have reported it to the Gardai, just to have an incident number in case I do go to the insurance co. Would you recommend just going to them? Have I anything to lose?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Check your Terms and Conditions, these days many companies allow a claim for a few grand without it effecting the NCB.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

I successfully managed to damage my car while "parking" last year. Like you I had full no claims protection. I made the claim without much hassle and my premium is not affected....but I am now tied to that insurance co. for at least a couple of years as any other co. won't quote me due to the claim:(

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Randomswinger

Your NCB is protected so no problem reporting it. Replacement bumber will be cheap enough (depending on the car of course) and your premium won't be effected

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭m0nsterie

Thanks guys.

Advertisement