Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best way to get to Central Park, Leopardstown from Swords?

• 05-06-2008 10:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'll be starting a new job soon out in Central Park, Leopardstown and I'm just wondering does anyone know which would be the best way to get out there from Swords.

I've 1 or 2 options:

Drive to Malahide DART station and get the DART to Blackrock and get a feeder bus up - I'm thinking this is probably the option I'll go for but it would be nice to hear other peoples opinions/suggestions.

142 to town and then LUAS from Stephens Green out and a 10 minute walk.

Not sure if there is parking out there but I think the M50 would be out of the question time/traffic wise?!

Thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Hi,

I'll be starting a new job soon out in Central Park, Leopardstown and I'm just wondering does anyone know which would be the best way to get out there from Swords.

I've 1 or 2 options:

Drive to Malahide DART station and get the DART to Blackrock and get a feeder bus up - I'm thinking this is probably the option I'll go for but it would be nice to hear other peoples opinions/suggestions.

142 to town and then LUAS from Stephens Green out and a 10 minute walk.

Not sure if there is parking out there but I think the M50 would be out of the question time/traffic wise?!

Thanks....

Maybe also DART to Pearse, then Luas from the Green?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,344 ✭✭✭markpb

MOH wrote: »
    Maybe also DART to Pearse, then Luas from the Green?

This seems like the best option. Relying on feeder buses seems a bit unwise. It's probably faster anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭markf909

DART to Pearse then free shuttle buses to Central Park from Nassau st?

All Central Park employees to my knowledge can use these buses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

I'm not sure which company you are working for but I know Vodafone also do a free shuttle bus from Blackrock Dart Station to Central Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

The M50 has been pretty good this week, but you'd probably need to be on it early enough to beat the traffic (before 7:30 AM). It's pretty heavy heading northbound in the evenings though.

This morning I got on the M50 at J3 (M1/N32) at 7.45 AM, and was in Cherrywood before 8:30 AM. Of course, for Central Park you would exit at J14 which can be very slow.

The LUAS extension is due to open next year so there will be a stop at Central Park, but as it is now it's only a 10 minute walk anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭rameire

buy a moped for 2k and spend around 55 min travel each way through town, or use te feeder bus from nassau st after getting teh 41 into town, and if you miss that you can get the luas.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

markf909 wrote: »
    DART to Pearse then free shuttle buses to Central Park from Nassau st?

All Central Park employees to my knowledge can use these buses.

Where on Nassau St do they depart and what times do you know? I can't find anything on the net!

Thanks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

An Xpresso bus to Nassau St would perhaps be a good backup option to getting the DART into the city centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

If you're planning to park in Malahide Station, do bear in mind that the station car park is generally completely full by 7.00 am. I live a couple of miles from Malahide station but generally drive to Sutton and park there instead. There are still spaces at 7.45 am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Scooter all the way!
    You can buy a new one for 2k and your commute will be enjoyable instead of being stuck using 2 or 3 types of public transport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

peter1892 wrote: »
    The M50 has been pretty good this week, but you'd probably need to be on it early enough to beat the traffic (before 7:30 AM). It's pretty heavy heading northbound in the evenings though.

This morning I got on the M50 at J3 (M1/N32) at 7.45 AM, and was in Cherrywood before 8:30 AM. Of course, for Central Park you would exit at J14 which can be very slow.

The LUAS extension is due to open next year so there will be a stop at Central Park, but as it is now it's only a 10 minute walk anyway.

Not sure i'd agree with that - normally you would want to be on the M50 heading southbound well before 7am. By 7am the traffic from tallaght to ballinteer and beyond is getting very heavy indeed. It might appear lighter these mornings as we are heading into the summer season and some schools are already shutting down.

As for a commute - i think the easiest option would be a bus to city centre, walk to the green and then luas it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Well, the M50 was terrible today alright. Helicopter anyone?
    By 7am the traffic from tallaght to ballinteer and beyond is getting very heavy indeed. It might appear lighter these mornings as we are heading into the summer season and some schools are already shutting down.

It's hit & miss alright. This morning's problem was caused by a breakdown at Firhouse which had been cleared by the time I got there. The summer should see lighter traffic but the slightest problem will be multiplied by the reduction in capacity caused by the upgrade works.

However I still take my chances on the M50 rather than rely on public transport, although the OP's route is slightly different to mine & may suit the Dart/Bus/Luas options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

The 41X has finally got approval to operate through the Port Tunnel with two routings through Swords, so I would imagine that a new schedule will commence in a week or two. This will give you an alternative to the 142.

This would take you to Nassau Street from where the Furlong operated service operates to Central Park.

It and the 142 also continue to Kildare Street from where the LUAS is a short walk.

Advertisement